Material for CCNA:Voice

MAC_AddyMAC_Addy Member Posts: 1,740 ■■■■□□□□□□
My only question is: does anyone know of any changes that are happening in the near future for this exam? I'm thinking about buying a Cisco Press book for this, I didn't want to buy it and then the topics change.
2017 Certification Goals:
CCNP R/S

Comments

• RoguetadhgRoguetadhg Member Posts: 2,489 ■■■■■■■■□□
    no idea, did you check the exam topics?

the only thing I see changing in the NA is:
    Security update is Sept 30, 2012 - IINS 1.0 > 2.0
    Wireless update is May 11, 2012 - IUWNE 1.0 > 2.0

the Voice is at 8.0, it doesn't have an alert that it's going to change.
    In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure.
    TE Threads: How to study for the CCENT/CCNA, Introduction to Cisco Exams

• MAC_AddyMAC_Addy Member Posts: 1,740 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Yeh I looked at the topics. I don't see why they'd change it if they decided to.

I think I'll go ahead and buy the book. :)
    CCNP R/S
  • Timber WolfTimber Wolf Member Posts: 90 ■■□□□□□□□□
    The Voice just got changed not so long ago. The Book only came out at the end of last year as well as most of the study resources just finished getting updated. I recommend the book and also INE's new video training which you can currently stream for free by creating a members account with them.
    WGU BS IT - Security
    Need to complete: CSV1 BOV1 RIT1 BNC1 KET1 TPV1 MGC1 CJV1 KFT1 CNV1 SBT1 RGT1
    Completed: CUV1 CTV1
    Transferred: CVV1 DJV1 IWT1 IWC1 BVC1 QLT1 DHV1 HHT1 GAC1 DFV1 INT1 INC1 CPV1 AXV1 QBT1 LUT1 LAE1 CLC1 BBC1 AGC1 WFV1 CQV1 COV1
    Excellent. Thank you for your advice. I just bought the Cisco Press book on Friday. Should be here sometime this week. I can't wait to pass the ICND 2 and go on to voice.

Where and how is the best way to obtain CUCM and CME? I want to be sure that I'm fully prepared for the exam and even setup my own home phone system. I know i'll need some extra equipment, but that's okay.

I'm thinking of running everything from my 2620xm. Am I right in thinking that the IOS has all the CME configurations or is it separate files that sit in flash?
    CCNP R/S
    You skipping NP, sir?
    In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure.

Not at all! :D My boss wants me to take voice first. I told him I wanted to go straight into NP, but he'd rather me take voice. You can't argue with someone that's going to pay for your certification :) Plus, voice interests me a lot.
    CCNP R/S
    You can buy the CD's for the CUCM off of ebay for probably 80 bucks or so. Same thing for presence. You can then just run them using VMWare. As for CUE, the CUE is part of the IOS as long as you have something higher then voice however it does not include phone firmware files or the CUE gui stuff or MOH etc. Those you will have to acquire else ware.
    WGU BS IT - Security
    Transferred: CVV1 DJV1 IWT1 IWC1 BVC1 QLT1 DHV1 HHT1 GAC1 DFV1 INT1 INC1 CPV1 AXV1 QBT1 LUT1 LAE1 CLC1 BBC1 AGC1 WFV1 CQV1 COV1
    MAC_Addy wrote: »
    Not at all! :D My boss wants me to take voice first. I told him I wanted to go straight into NP, but he'd rather me take voice. You can't argue with someone that's going to pay for your certification :) Plus, voice interests me a lot.

Can't argue with that! Hell, i'll stop studying route if my workplace paid for my certification.

My boss told me to go voice, but still wouldn't help to reduce the cost for me. So I'll probably goto SWITCH just to spite him :P

But voice is so much fun!
    WGU BS IT - Security
    I've -somewhat- tried to find labbing information for Voice. I know i'll invest in PoE switches, for wireless/voice anyways, but beyond that I have no clue.

• swildswild Member Posts: 828
    FYI, INE has their CCNA Voice streaming videos free this month. I'm using the CCNA videos and find them to be totally worth the normal $100.