CCNA Composite Exam Tomorrow!

yamaj615yamaj615 Member Posts: 29 ■□□□□□□□□□
I'm doing some last minute cramming. Hopefully tomorrow will be a glorious day. Will post my results and experiences after the exam. Wish me luck people :)

Comments

• networker050184networker050184 Mod Posts: 11,962 Mod
    Good luck!
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.
  • yamaj615yamaj615 Member Posts: 29 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thanks!!!

Any last minute tips for the exam? I appreciate all advice.
  • ChickenNuggetzChickenNuggetz Member Posts: 284
    Good luck!!!!!
    :study: Currently Reading: Red Hat Certified Systems Administrator and Engineer by Ashgar Ghori

Certifications: CCENT; CCNA: R&S; Security+

Next up: RHCSA
  • networker050184networker050184 Mod Posts: 11,962 Mod
    I always tell people at this point you either know it or you don't. Relax, get some rest and be ready to go tomorrow.
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.
  • N2ITN2IT Inactive Imported Users Posts: 7,483 ■■■■■■■■■■
    I agree with you all the way. I know i have a strong knowledge on all the topics. But being that you took several cisco exams i know you understand my nervousness.

To be honest i'm really worried about the switching topics and the sims. Little silly things like remembering what protocol belongs to 802.1q, 802.1d, 802.1w keeps tripping me up. If they use the words STP or RSTP i will be fine.

On that note i will finish enjoying the Heat vs Mavs game. Thanks again!!!
  • Patel128Patel128 Member Posts: 339
    Good luck!
    Studying For:
    B.S. in Computer Science at University of Memphis
    Network+
    Currently Reading:
    CompTIA Network+ Study Guide - Lammle
  • SharkDiverSharkDiver Member Posts: 844
    Good Luck.
    We are looking forward to seeing how you did.
  • JeanMJeanM Member Posts: 1,117
    How did it go ? :) I have the same certs you have, interesting to know how much of n+ material helped you with ccna exam as well .
    2015 goals - ccna voice / vmware vcp.
    Officially CCNA certified!!!!! Let the celebrations begin!!! Beware of NAT and EIGRP though.

@JeanM I don't think there were many N+ type questions on the exam. Ofcourse N+ gives us basic networking knowledge but CCNA is definitely more advanced.

Thanks everyone for all the well wishes!!
  • beach5563beach5563 Member Posts: 344 ■■■□□□□□□□
    yamaj615 wrote: »
    Officially CCNA certified!!!!! Let the celebrations begin!!! Beware of NAT and EIGRP though.

@JeanM I don't think there were many N+ type questions on the exam. Ofcourse N+ gives us basic networking knowledge but CCNA is definitely more advanced.

Thanks everyone for all the well wishes!!
    Congrats, I feel motivated to try the composite now. What materials did you use?
  • PuffyPuffy Member Posts: 54 ■■□□□□□□□□
    @yamaj Congrats dude :D
    @beach should definitely go for the composite exam
    beach5563 wrote: »
    Congrats, I feel motivated to try the composite now. What materials did you use?

I used the material below:

CCNA® Cisco® Certified Network Associate Study Guide (Exam 640-802) by Richard Deal
    packet tracer
    free youtube videos
    and cisco website

Yes you should go for it. I had a sim with 15 minutes left and 10 questions to go and that really freaked me out. But i ended up finishing the exam with 4 minutes on the clock
  • beach5563beach5563 Member Posts: 344 ■■■□□□□□□□
    yamaj615 wrote: »
    I used the material below:

CCNA® Cisco® Certified Network Associate Study Guide (Exam 640-802) by Richard Deal
    packet tracer
    free youtube videos
    and cisco website

Yes you should go for it. I had a sim with 15 minutes left and 10 questions to go and that really freaked me out. But i ended up finishing the exam with 4 minutes on the clock
    Thats awesome man, Im using the Sybex book. I have Packet Tracer too. I have taken it before years ago and have taken a few ccna classes also. I just want to get it over with.