Passed ICND1

joshmadakorjoshmadakor Member Posts: 495 ■■■■□□□□□□
I passed about an hour ago with a score of ~975.

Resources
Odom's ICND1 3rd Edition: CCENT/CCNA ICND1 640-822 Official Cert Guide, 3rd Edition
Boson ExSim-Max: 640-822 ICND1 CCENT Practice Exam | Boson
Subnettingquestions.com: subnettingquestions.com - Free Subnetting Questions and Answers Randomly Generated Online (I pounded this very hard for a couple hours. When I got to the point when I dreamed about subnetting, I stopped studying it. This was enough)
And random practice questions I could find on the internet

I also have a home lab that is made up of 3x 2950s, 3x 2610XMs, 6x WIC1t, 1x NM-4A/S.
I built all my Ethernet crossovers and straight-throughs; I bought my crimper, rj-45 connectors, and patch cable from newegg)

My home lab:
http://i43.tinypic.com/9fzdp3.jpg
http://i40.tinypic.com/qsqd8z.jpg

The exam isn't very easy, but it's not incredibly hard either. My advice is to use Boson ExSim. The layout is very similar to the real test. If I didn't use it, I would have gone into shock when taking the real test and possibly failed.

I will use this same approach for ICND2, but first I need to take a rest icon_cool.gif
WGU B.S. Information Technology (Completed January 2013)

Comments

• bout2kbout2k Member Posts: 28 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats... I highly agree with your statement "If I didn't use it, I would have gone into shock when taking the real test.." ... I actually lol'd when I read this. I felt the same way this morning...
    What happens in the cloud, stays in the cloud! - Jeremy Cioara
  • Crims0nCrims0n Registered Users Posts: 7 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congrats mate, and good luck with ICND2. I hear you on the rest haha.
  • joshmadakorjoshmadakor Member Posts: 495 ■■■■□□□□□□
    bout2k wrote: »
    Congrats... I highly agree with your statement "If I didn't use it, I would have gone into shock when taking the real test.." ... I actually lol'd when I read this. I felt the same way this morning...
    Lol, it's totally true. Congrats on your pass btw :)
    Crims0n wrote: »
    Congrats mate, and good luck with ICND2. I hear you on the rest haha.
    Thanks man :)
  • yuddhidhtiryuddhidhtir Member Posts: 196 ■■■■□□□□□□
    congrats:)
    “Satisfaction lies in the effort, not in the attainment; full effort is full victory.”
  • tr1xtr1x Member Posts: 213
    Thanks for posting what you used, I'm taking this exam soon. I have lab equipment as well, did you go off of any material for setting up practice labs? Or just kind of wing it and set stuff up yourself?
  • joshmadakorjoshmadakor Member Posts: 495 ■■■■□□□□□□
    tr1x wrote: »
    Thanks for posting what you used, I'm taking this exam soon. I have lab equipment as well, did you go off of any material for setting up practice labs? Or just kind of wing it and set stuff up yourself?
    I just kinda drew up my own topologies that fit the gear that I had and came up with the addressing scheme myself. I did many different combinations and made sure I could ping all across it. With my lab equipment, I practiced using most of the commands/technologies I came across in Odom's book. IIRC, there's a section at the end of each chapter that has all the commands mentioned in the chapter. I also setup a TFTP server and practiced updating the IOS and messing with the config register.
  • Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats on pass!! icon_thumright.gif
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
  • PuffyPuffy Member Posts: 54 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Nice score. Congrats :D