Passed ICND1 ... 950!!

bout2kbout2k Member Posts: 28 ■■■□□□□□□□
I passed my exam this morning with a 950! I received a 0 for the WAN category. I had 30 minutes remaining when I finished. Here is how I passed . (With my recommended order)

1. CBT Nuggets - Jeremy is the man!!
2. Lammle Book - My favorite
3. Odom - More detail
4. Boson Exam Prep (Amazing)

After going through steps 1,2, and 3 I took the Boson exams. I ended up getting between 65% and a 75% on the exams. This allowed me to concentrate my studies on certain areas. Before I took the actual Cisco exam I was getting between 85% and 95% on the boson exams. The boson exam prep was much harder than the actual exam. I HIGHLY recommend the boson tests. (I hope this all makes sense)

If you have any questions please ask. Thank you to this forum.
What happens in the cloud, stays in the cloud! - Jeremy Cioara

Comments

• veritas_libertasveritas_libertas Member Posts: 5,746 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Congratulations! Nice score!
  • swildswild Member Posts: 828
    I am purchasing the Boson exams today. I keep hearing about how good they are. My test is scheduled for 4/13.

Congrats on the pass. Was this your first Cisco exam/first time at this exam?
  • Crims0nCrims0n Registered Users Posts: 7 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congrats mate, I passed it today as well, although my score wasn't nearly as good xD
    I got a 0 in the WAN category as well, I don't think it's anything to worry about. I don't remember being asked any questions about WAN technologies.
  • bout2kbout2k Member Posts: 28 ■■■□□□□□□□
    @ swild - This was my first time taking this exam.

@ Crims0n - Congrats !!!! Interesting, I cannot recall a single WAN question on my exam yet I received a 0%
  • yuddhidhtiryuddhidhtir Member Posts: 196 ■■■■□□□□□□
    congrats:)!

seems everybody passing the ICND1 today
    “Satisfaction lies in the effort, not in the attainment; full effort is full victory.”
  • YFZbluYFZblu Member Posts: 1,462 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats! Nice score.
  • Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats on pass!! icon_thumright.gif
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
  • PuffyPuffy Member Posts: 54 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats .. seems like techexams is churning out tons of CCENTs today.
  • bmtuserbmtuser Member Posts: 23 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congrats! icon_cheers.gif I took the ICND1 yesterday and received a 899. I got a 0 on the WAN category too. I sat there trying to figure out where they asked about WAN technology and couldn't think of anything. Weird stuff.
    bout2k wrote: »
    I passed my exam this morning with a 950! I received a 0 for the WAN category. I had 30 minutes remaining when I finished. Here is how I passed . (With my recommended order)

1. CBT Nuggets - Jeremy is the man!!
    2. Lammle Book - My favorite
    3. Odom - More detail
    4. Boson Exam Prep (Amazing)

After going through steps 1,2, and 3 I took the Boson exams. I ended up getting between 65% and a 75% on the exams. This allowed me to concentrate my studies on certain areas. Before I took the actual Cisco exam I was getting between 85% and 95% on the boson exams. The boson exam prep was much harder than the actual exam. I HIGHLY recommend the boson tests. (I hope this all makes sense)

If you have any questions please ask. Thank you to this forum.
    Started WGU 07-01-2011
    Finished BS IT Network Administrator on 03/10/2012
  • RoguetadhgRoguetadhg Member Posts: 2,489 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congratulations!
    In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure.
    TE Threads: How to study for the CCENT/CCNA, Introduction to Cisco Exams

• joshmadakorjoshmadakor Member Posts: 495 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Grats!!

I received a 0% for my WLAN category this morning icon_scratch.gif, I wouldn't worry about it too much
    WGU B.S. Information Technology (Completed January 2013)
  • boredgameladboredgamelad Member Posts: 365 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Is it possible you guys are getting a set of test questions that somehow don't include WAN technologies? You lucky dogs! Anyway, congrats on the pass(es)!
  • ahphotoahphoto Member Posts: 103
    Great score! Congrats on passing!!! Thanks for the study tips :)
    Ipsa scientia potestas est.
  • KPLCKPLC Member Posts: 72 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Good job! Congrats!
  • KeanoknickKeanoknick Member Posts: 24 ■□□□□□□□□□
    That's weird when I took mine about 8 weeks ago, I got a 0 on WAN too. Still passed though.

Congrats on the pass!
  • higherhohigherho Member Posts: 882
    Congrats!!!

Could you please point me to these CBT nugget videos I've been hearing about on these forums? he sounds like an awesome guy!
  • PuffyPuffy Member Posts: 54 ■■□□□□□□□□
    higherho wrote: »
    Congrats!!!

Could you please point me to these CBT nugget videos I've been hearing about on these forums? he sounds like an awesome guy!
    CBT Nuggets Certification Packages
  • kurosaki00kurosaki00 Member Posts: 973
    wow thats a great score man!
    gratz
    meh
  • JeanMJeanM Member Posts: 1,117
    Op - congrats! Do you honestly think bosoms are needed if you have gone through Lammle/Odom books + CBT review?

I guess I'll find out, by just going with Lammle/Odom books + CBT access/lab. BOSOMs are just as much as the test itself cost wise :/
    2015 goals - ccna voice / vmware vcp.
  • bout2kbout2k Member Posts: 28 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I think that you can definitely pass without Boson. It just made things much easier for me because it allowed me to focus on my weak areas. I also liked the fact that the Boson exam was much harder than the ICND1 exam. I honestly felt that the ICND1 exam was easy. As I was going through the exam I was waiting for things to get harder and they never did.
  • swildswild Member Posts: 828
    That's what I like to hear! less than two weeks until I take this exam.