Passed ICND1 Today

Crims0nCrims0n Registered Users Posts: 7 ■□□□□□□□□□
Took my ICND1 today and passed with an 825. Tools I used to study were:

-CBT Nuggets
-Cisco 1700 Series router
-Cisco Catalyst 2950 Switch
-CCENT Certification All-in-One for Dummies (2010)
-CCENT Exam Cram 640-822
-Lammle's CCNA Book

I spent about a month studying, coming from very limited networking knowledge. I ran out of time on the exam, my very last question was a Simlet and I only had 2 minutes left, which I believe hit my score pretty hard. icon_twisted.gif

My one piece of advise for candidates: Subnetting, learn it inside and out. The more you can do in your head, the better.

Now I am going to reward myself with a few days off, then start preparing for ICND2 icon_cool.gif

Comments

• bout2kbout2k Member Posts: 28 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats Crims0n... Good luck with ICND2 ...
    What happens in the cloud, stays in the cloud! - Jeremy Cioara
  • yuddhidhtiryuddhidhtir Member Posts: 196 ■■■■□□□□□□
    congrats for ICND1 and best of luck for ICND2icon_cheers.gif
    “Satisfaction lies in the effort, not in the attainment; full effort is full victory.”
  • joshmadakorjoshmadakor Member Posts: 495 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Gj dude, rest up then ICND2 time!
    WGU B.S. Information Technology (Completed January 2013)
  • YFZbluYFZblu Member Posts: 1,462 ■■■■■■■■□□
  • Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats on pass!! icon_thumright.gif
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
  • PuffyPuffy Member Posts: 54 ■■□□□□□□□□
  • dlereauxdlereaux Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    congrats... its inspiring to read these posts!!!
  • Patel128Patel128 Member Posts: 339
    Good luck man. Studying/labbing is like a drug. Now you say you will have a few days off, but you will be itching to start studying for ICND2.
    Studying For:
    B.S. in Computer Science at University of Memphis
    Network+
    Currently Reading:
    CompTIA Network+ Study Guide - Lammle
  • beach5563beach5563 Member Posts: 344 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Crims0n wrote: »
    Took my ICND1 today and passed with an 825. Tools I used to study were:

-CBT Nuggets
    -Cisco 1700 Series router
    -Cisco Catalyst 2950 Switch
    -CCENT Certification All-in-One for Dummies (2010)
    -CCENT Exam Cram 640-822
    -Lammle's CCNA Book

I spent about a month studying, coming from very limited networking knowledge. I ran out of time on the exam, my very last question was a Simlet and I only had 2 minutes left, which I believe hit my score pretty hard. icon_twisted.gif

My one piece of advise for candidates: Subnetting, learn it inside and out. The more you can do in your head, the better.

Now I am going to reward myself with a few days off, then start preparing for ICND2 icon_cool.gif
    congrats, good luck on the other certs too. So you just had one router and one switch
  • KPLCKPLC Member Posts: 72 ■■□□□□□□□□
  • Crims0nCrims0n Registered Users Posts: 7 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thanks everyone!
    Patel128 wrote: »
    Good luck man. Studying/labbing is like a drug. Now you say you will have a few days off, but you will be itching to start studying for ICND2.
    Ya... been itching all day now haha. Must... resist...
    beach5563 wrote: »
    congrats, good luck on the other certs too. So you just had one router and one switch
    Yes, only one router and one switch. I was more concerned with getting some hands on time with the IOS than anything else. For the ICND2 I plan on getting one more of each.