Any people spending some time with Photoshop? ideas pending

thedramathedrama Member Posts: 291 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hiyyee guyz,

To be honest, i can not dream anything to illustrate on these applications. I try many ways however get no result. Just spoil everything. Actually, i had started this curiosity making use of GIMP. Probably not efficient as much as Photoshop, though, features it offered are not few. Since i lost my all concentration on Cisco, i decided to give another chance to graphics
editing. By the way, have been watching tutorials on youtube also other sources to take a step further even a little. In particular, i wanna make use of quick mask tool, how it is used.

Any shoppers here, please let me have your ideas to expand the horizon.
Monster PC specs(Packard Bell VR46) : Intel Celeron Dual-Core 1.2 GHz CPU , 4096 MB DDR3 RAM, Intel Media Graphics (R) 4 Family with IntelGMA 4500 M HD graphics. :lol:

5 year-old laptop PC specs(Toshiba Satellite A210) : AMD Athlon 64 x2 1.9 GHz CPU, ATI Radeon X1200 128 MB Video Memory graphics card, 3072 MB 667 Mhz DDR2 RAM. (1 stick 2 gigabytes and 1 stick 1 gigabytes)

Comments

• XcluzivXcluziv Member Posts: 513 ■■■■□□□□□□
    The drama, how's it going man? How did you lose your concentration on Cisco...I see you have your CCNA so you havero know a little. Nonetheless, I have worked with PS for a few years now and it is a very powerful tool. I would say to keep watching tutorials as you are doing and get familiar with the tool overall. Still new things I find out I can do constantly. Ultimately, you will have to develop a sense of design and concept and that cannot be reached unless you play and engulf yourself within the tool
    LINKED | GTECH | NOTHINGBUTSHAREPOINT - BLOG AUTHOR

"TRY NOT. DO. OR DO NOT. THERE IS NO TRY" - Yoda

• thedramathedrama Member Posts: 291 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Xcluziv wrote: »
    The drama, how's it going man? How did you lose your concentration on Cisco...I see you have your CCNA so you havero know a little. Nonetheless, I have worked with PS for a few years now and it is a very powerful tool. I would say to keep watching tutorials as you are doing and get familiar with the tool overall. Still new things I find out I can do constantly. Ultimately, you will have to develop a sense of design and concept and that cannot be reached unless you play and engulf yourself within the tool

i appreciate your kindness. icon_thumright.gif

i have got the associate cert for almost 1.5 years. I wanna go for CCNA Sec, however, can't motivate on it. Thats why, i have wished to spend time on Photoshop. But, i have certain problems.

i have watched plenty of tutorials so far. In some of them, guyz don't make any selection but can paint the area they targeted. In some others, they select the spot and do the job. what does it depend?

i couldn't learn how masking is used. Apart from this, sometimes the tool doesn't show me anything even i select it. Why not?

sometimes, i exceed the border of the area. Wanna erase the undesireable spot. But, doesn't do it correctly. why not?

Lots of things like this.

Monster PC specs(Packard Bell VR46) : Intel Celeron Dual-Core 1.2 GHz CPU , 4096 MB DDR3 RAM, Intel Media Graphics (R) 4 Family with IntelGMA 4500 M HD graphics. :lol:

5 year-old laptop PC specs(Toshiba Satellite A210) : AMD Athlon 64 x2 1.9 GHz CPU, ATI Radeon X1200 128 MB Video Memory graphics card, 3072 MB 667 Mhz DDR2 RAM. (1 stick 2 gigabytes and 1 stick 1 gigabytes)

• undomielundomiel Member Posts: 2,818
    No matter how many tutorials you look at you won't become an expert over night. Look at the tools and look at the options for the tools and experiment, experiment, experiment. Make sure you understand what an option does. Read through Photoshop's manuals, they're excellent material for explaining how the tools work with plenty of illustrations. At least back with CS1 they were. I haven't purchased a recent version as there has been absolutely no need for it. As for not knowing what to illustrate the tools won't help you there. That's why I always recommend getting back to basics, break out pencil and paper and work out your ideas there. Then you go to Photoshop, or canvas and paints, whatever color medium you prefer to use.

Oh and finally, don't be afraid to make mistakes. Not everything has to be perfect on the first try. Especially with Photoshop and the undo/history functions. Definitely learn how to make proper use of layers as well.
    Jumping on the IT blogging band wagon -- http://www.jefferyland.com/
  • WebmasterWebmaster Admin Posts: 10,292 Admin
    undomiel wrote: »
    Read through Photoshop's manuals, they're excellent material for explaining how the tools work with plenty of illustrations. At least back with CS1 they were. I haven't purchased a recent version as there has been absolutely no need for it. As for not knowing what to illustrate the tools won't help you there.
    That's the issue with most Photoshop books as well (or those who buy them), they repeat merely what it is in the manual already and won't actually help you knowing what to illustrate. I always compare it to knowing how to use hammer+wood+nails, that won't directly help you to create something useful or beautiful either, yet it's still essential. I do think using tutorials is the way to go so you can see how others use and misuse the available tools. One of the best sites listing tutorials is Pixel2Life.com
    undomiel wrote:
    Definitely learn how to make proper use of layers as well.
    Just wanted to repeat and stress this key advice as well, better to use too many layers than too few. I use a new layer pretty much whenever I can (which is usually when I don't need to contents/pixels in one layer to create the contents of the next, e.g. with layer styles). One can do a lot with basic shapes and layer styles/transitions alone.

thedrama wrote:
    i have watched plenty of tutorials so far. In some of them, guyz don't make any selection but can paint the area they targeted. In some others, they select the spot and do the job. what does it depend?
    Here's a good relevant and popular tutorial, written by my other half, showing 5 different selection methods including Quick Mask mode: Extract a Selection from a Photo | 3Dvalley.com
  • thedramathedrama Member Posts: 291 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Sending my good wishes to all of you. Thanks for the links as well. I'll be keep tryin' on this application.icon_bounce.gif