Windows OS Fundamentals 98-349

Sakic26Sakic26 Member Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi everyone, first time posting here. I've been working IT for 5 years now and my job is now requiring us to get certifications, which they haven't before. I was looking into the Windows OS Fundamentals course to begin with then moving on to better ones but just to get my feet on the ground to start with that one and maybe the MTA Security Fundamentals.

I work in a school district and are currently using Windows 7 operating systems throughout.

Any advice?
Thanks in advance

Comments

• atorvenatorven Member Posts: 319
    Sakic26 wrote: »
    Hi everyone, first time posting here. I've been working IT for 5 years now and my job is now requiring us to get certifications, which they haven't before. I was looking into the Windows OS Fundamentals course to begin with then moving on to better ones but just to get my feet on the ground to start with that one and maybe the MTA Security Fundamentals.

I work in a school district and are currently using Windows 7 operating systems throughout.

Any advice?
    Thanks in advance

With 5 years experience and using Windows 7 daily I would start with 70-680.
  • Sakic26Sakic26 Member Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Any books you recommend? I have a degree in Computer Networking, but deal mostly with break/fix and other desktop/laptop support. Thanks
  • kriscamaro68kriscamaro68 Member Posts: 1,186 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Sakic26 wrote: »
    Any books you recommend? I have a degree in Computer Networking, but deal mostly with break/fix and other desktop/laptop support. Thanks

Look here to start your studying for the 70-680: http://www.techexams.net/forums/windows-7-exams/75958-windows-7-lab-setup.html#post621595

Use the links to the sites with the video training. Use the rest how you would like.
  • Sakic26Sakic26 Member Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thanks! I'm happy I stumbled upon this site as it's filled with a lot of knowledge and will definitely help me in my quest to become certified in several aspects.