Windows Server 8 question

antielvisantielvis Member Posts: 285 ■■■□□□□□□□
Having more than a decade in the IT field, I feel rather sheepish asking this...but Google found nothing.

Anyone know where the Restart/Logoff/Power button is....because I can't find it.

Comments

• NetworkingStudentNetworkingStudent Member Posts: 1,407 ■■■■■■■■□□
    This might help
    good luck

From the Microsoft social tech net website forum
    Does anyone know where the start button is? Or how to reboot Windows Server 8 beta? I changed the server name and declined to reboot because I wanted to look around a bit. Well now I cannot find out how to reboot. Thx---Kevin

Reboot/Logout?
    When one door closes, another opens; but we often look so long and so regretfully upon the closed door that we do not see the one which has opened."

--Alexander Graham Bell,
    American inventor
  • antielvisantielvis Member Posts: 285 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Figured it out. You can use the Windows Key and i but it looks like they want you to use powershell to shut it down (and for a lot of other things).

Alt Control Delete works too, but you have to clink on a link in the bottom right hand corner.

Makes sense to me to remove the start button. No one used it anyways. icon_rolleyes.gif
  • J_86J_86 Member Posts: 262 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Don't feel bad, I had to Google the same thing! Windows Server 8 is definitely taking some getting used to, but so far nothing too terrible.
  • antielvisantielvis Member Posts: 285 ■■■□□□□□□□
    The interface is definitely different & I have to ask the question "why change it?". This is one thing that pisses me off about Microsoft. There is no compelling reason to change the interface so why bother? I wish these clowns at MS would realize that I work LONG hours and I have to constantly educate myself, so I don't need little annoyances like this. Reminds me of the missing "add/remove hardware" button in Win 7. Why change it? People had FINALLY got to the stage where they knew where it was.

It's one of the benefits of Mac and Linux. The interface in Mac has pretty much looked the same for 10 years. In Linux, much of the command lines are exactly like they were in the mid 90s. As an administrator of Windows Servers, I do NOT need a "new cool look" to my servers. I want them to work. Case closed.

MS needs to stop trying to be Mac at the Enterprise level.
  • joshmadakorjoshmadakor Member Posts: 495 ■■■■□□□□□□
    antielvis wrote: »
    MS needs to stop trying to be Mac at the Enterprise level.

I wish Mac could be Mac at the Enterprise level icon_sad.gif
    WGU B.S. Information Technology (Completed January 2013)
  • gkcagkca Member Posts: 243 ■■■□□□□□□□
    antielvis wrote: »
    As an administrator of Windows Servers, I do NOT need a "new cool look" to my servers. I want them to work. Case closed.

I couldn't have said it better myself.
    "I needed a password with eight characters so I picked Snow White and the Seven Dwarves." (c) Nick Helm