ISC2 CISSP EXAM RESULTS - LONDON 24 March 2012

HydroActiveHydroActive Registered Users Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
Raising the flag to see if anyone who wrote the CISSP in London last Saturday (24/03/2012) cares to share their successes or failures.

The waiting is killing me :D

Comments

• FalasiFalasi Member Posts: 115
    I did the ISSMP at Dubai at the same date , friends done CISSP at the same time , they says it was tough.

ISSMP was tricky , not sure about most of my answers ......

and yeah the waiting is killing me also XD
  • HydroActiveHydroActive Registered Users Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Falasi wrote: »
    I did the ISSMP at Dubai at the same date , friends done CISSP at the same time , they says it was tough.

ISSMP was tricky , not sure about most of my answers ......

and yeah the waiting is killing me also XD

How was the ISSMP compared to the CISSP ?
  • rwmidlrwmidl Member Posts: 807 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Raising the flag to see if anyone who wrote the CISSP in London last Saturday (24/03/2012) cares to share their successes or failures.

The waiting is killing me :D

If you just took it a week or so ago you have at least a good month before you get your results (being overseas may take longer, though I'm not sure). I know the wait is tough, but just hang in there! :)
    CISSP | CISM | ACSS | ACIS | MCSA:2008 | MCITP:SA | MCSE:Security | MCSA:Security | Security + | MCTS
    for CISSP most of my questions were confusing , 3 questions in a raw that fall under the same domain and basically I spent 30 min after the exam for my brain to figure out that the exam was over, that I'm out of it , and I should be looking up my car... not just stand there watching the gateway... basically I was 99.99% sure that I failed until I got the email that I passed (I was joking with friends that If I passed; I'll send ISC2 an email to double check my answers XD).

for ISSMP it was a different game , I didn't feel that it was hard , more likely tricky. I almost the same question repeated 3 times but from 3 different prospective

however I'm not sure that I'll pass (I can still hope!).
  • HydroActiveHydroActive Registered Users Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
    My nerves are shot. As each day passes, doubt has crept in and taken a full strong hold of my body. I filled in the Survey, mailed (ISC)2 - twice.

I'm panicking now, started studying my CEH which has helped a little. Problem is, I'm off on holiday (First one in 16 Months) and I want to take a text book with me for the "quiet" times (yeah, I really am that boring) - the question is, do I take the CISSP book or the CEH book...
    ... I wish the wait wasn't so long. IT would be made easier if there was something on the (ISC)2 website which at least gave you a schedule or process bar like "Exams being Marked: xxx-TestDate-blah blah ++ "Today", YYY tomorrow, ZZZ Next week"
  • reedtvreedtv Member Posts: 13 ■□□□□□□□□□
    is there anyone who received the exam result?
    I'm expecting it by today/tomorrow (base on 17th March Exam's result).. GL everyone
    the waiting is killing me.
  • symcsymc Member Posts: 37 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I took mine on 25th March, and the wait is now killing me – may take longer as our papers had to get sent back across the pond?

Good luck all!!
    Is there anyone contacted ISC2? It's later than 17 March.
  • webtoowebtoo Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    reedtv wrote: »
    Is there anyone contacted ISC2? It's later than 17 March.

I have emailed a representative from ISC and was told that results will only be out by early may.
    so we still need to wait for more than one week.
    reedtv wrote: »
    so we still need to wait for more than one week.

Start of May is the offical "after 6th weeks" However I expect (read: hope) thats Its ganna be within the next few days....
    Falasi wrote: »
    Start of May is the offical "after 6th weeks" However I expect (read: hope) thats Its ganna be within the next few days....

Did any of you get the survey yet?
    I received nothing.
    Nothing but an email about their upcoming events =/
    I had that too... most annoying!!
  • jtoastjtoast Member Posts: 226
    I took the exam on 3/24 in Tulsa OK. I got the survey a couple of weeks ago but still no results icon_sad.gif
  • bryguybryguy Member Posts: 190
    Just a heads up... The survey has no bearing on your test results. It's just a random survey issued to a subset of all test takers. Good luck folks, I'm sure you'll hear something one way or the other very soon.
  • JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,023 Admin
    I think there is a superstition building around who gets the survey and when and how many surveys are actually received. From what I've read in this forum's postings, somehow these factors are imagined to correlate with when exam results will be received and even if an exam candidate passed or failed.

I think it's safe to say that the (ISC)2's exam department and sale/marketing department are fire-walled from each other. They both know who took what exam and when, but the marketing people who send out the survey emails have no knowledge of when the results will be released or who has passed, and they are working on the same 4-6 week promise given to the exam candidates.
    God bless you.
  • dmoore44dmoore44 Member Posts: 646
    JDMurray wrote: »
    I think there is a superstition building around who gets the survey and when and how many surveys are actually received. From what I've read in this forum's postings, somehow these factors are imagined to correlate with when exam results will be received and even if an exam candidate passed or failed.

I think it's safe to say that the (ISC)2's exam department and sale/marketing department are fire-walled from each other. They both know who took what exam and when, but the marketing people who send out the survey emails have no knowledge of when the results will be released or who has passed, and they are working on the same 4-6 week promise given to the exam candidates.

Well now you've just sucked all the fun out of waiting... icon_lol.gif
    Graduated Carnegie Mellon University MSIT: Information Security & Assurance Currently Reading Books on TensorFlow
  • JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,023 Admin
    dmoore44 wrote: »
    Well now you've just sucked all the fun out of waiting... icon_lol.gif
    The beautity of superstitious behavior is that you can eaily ignore rational explainations and go on believing what you want to believe--mostly because it's enthralling and keeps life interesting. ;)
    Well all i can say is as of sunday we are entering into week 6. God only knows why it taken them so long to mark our papers. By the time we find out we will all be retired!!!!
    Or maybe our papers "went missing in the post" and we all have to retake.... or just pass all of us icon_smile.gif
  • sat_insat_in Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    and I passed.
    took the exam on 24th March - got results on 27th April.
    Did not get any survey or any marketing email between 24th and 27th.
    The wait was horrible, but worth it.
    Wish all of you post the same result. (I PASSED)
  • OSIGUYOSIGUY Registered Users Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Right there with sat_in. Sat my 24th and got my results today.

No survey either!! So I think it's safe to say there's no coorelation between the survey and the results.
  • TwinDevilTwinDevil Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hello All,

First-time poster, long-time sandbagger. I also took test on 24th of March and just received the great news a few minutes ago. Hopefully ISC(2) is notifying everyone who tested on the 24th of March today; I'm sure everyone is as anxious as I was to receive their results. Good luck to all those who haven't cracked that e-mail open yet!
    Congrats all! Nice weekend treat eh! Here's hoping that us who tested on the 25th will get our results Monday......
  • webtoowebtoo Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    i passed! its indeed a long wait