IEEE 802 Specifications

dumblondemomdumblondemom Member Posts: 8 ■□□□□□□□□□
Do I have to know all 12 of these for the exam?
like there isnt enough to memorize already icon_eek.gif I finally get one thing all sticky noted to my brain go on to another and seem to lose the previous stickies icon_sad.gif Also PIO's what do they have to do with the big scheme? I seem to remember knowing this but it escapes me now. Wish I could increase the size of harddrive in my brain icon_confused.gif

Comments

• bellboybellboy Member Posts: 1,017
    i would not learn all the ieee for a+. you do not need to know them all for network+ either!!

learn the ones relating to ethernet, token ring and wireless as they are the ones that might crop up.

learn the different topologies, network media and connectors. a+ does not go into networking in any great depth.
    A+ Moderator
  • RussSRussS Member Posts: 2,068 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Actually about 21 or so of them..... but

I don't think you will need to know all of them - just remember the common ones

802.2 LLC
    802.3 CSMA/CD (Ethernet)
    802.4 Token Passing Bus
    802.5 Token Ring
    802.8 Fibre Optic
    802.11 Wireless Lan Medium Access Control (MAN)

That should help you pass the exam.... BUT that would be the network+ and not A+. For A+ just knowing there is IEEE should suffice.
    Whoops, am I just having a blonde moment and you are referring to the IEEE std for printer ports icon_rolleyes.gif Too much study and not enuff fun me thinks ..... Whats that Homer used to say ....mmmmm need beer?
    As for PIOs I don't think you will get questioned on them but I would advise reviewing them anyways.
    www.supercross.com
    FIM website of the year 2007
  • dumblondemomdumblondemom Member Posts: 8 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thanks folks! Less for me to memorize :D No you wern't having a blonde moment icon_lol.gif You understood what I was asking perfectly. thanks for the help and the test. It let me know that what I thought I had throughly studied for is still seeping out some were icon_confused.gif Ah well back to the study guides icon_cry.gif I still have 2 weeks to get it stuffed back in there and plug up the holes icon_wink.gif