slot a - athlon
socket a - athlon, athlon XP, duron icon_eek.gificon_lol.gif
A+

Comments

• marzmegamarzmega Member Posts: 20 ■□□□□□□□□□
    is this question offensive?
    A+
  • WebmasterWebmaster Admin Posts: 10,292 Admin
    I don't think so... but I think you are the only one that can answer your question ;)

If you meant to ask if these are the only ones you need to know:
    These are the ones you are most likely to get questioned on.
    4.1 Distinguish between the popular CPU chips in terms of their basic characteristics
  • bellboybellboy Member Posts: 1,017
    you may find that some socket 7 motherboards are actually referred to as super socket 7 motherboards. this is because, then intel introduced the celeron and pii cpu, they did not contiue to manufacture new socket 7 chipsets. amd and others continued to manufacture socket 7 cpu until they reached approx 500mhz.

do some research on the xeon processor. post in this forum which socket/slot you might find a xeon processor.
    A+ Moderator
  • longshotlongshot Member Posts: 68 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Exam wise.... might there be a difference between the Socket 7 and the Super Socket 7? (zif ?)
    Webmaster: www.longshotdesigns.com
    Stunters Digital Artwork (It's halfway up now)
  • lazyartlazyart Member Posts: 483
    physically they are the same. A socket 7 pentium will drop into a "super" socket 7 board and run without problems. The difference between socket 7 and SS7 was the addition of 100 mhz FSB. While the final roll of pentiums operated on a 66 mhz base (using multipliers of up to 3.5 to reach it's final speed), the AMD K6-2 and K6-3 could use up to 100 mhz FSB officially.

You may be asked something like this:

Identify which processors are socket seven based:

a. Pentium MMX
    b. Xeon
    c. Pentium II
    d. K6
    I'm not a complete idiot... some parts are missing.