Passed N10-004!!! 4/4/11

PetrinodaPetrinoda Member Posts: 33 ■■□□□□□□□□
Sorry... I mean 4/4/12 haha

Passed with a 830!!! Thanks to all you guys!!

I'm currently persuing both A+ and Security+.

My question is do I have to get the A+ before the Security+ in order for the Security+ CE (Or whatever it is for renewals) to update all three of my certs? Or can I take them in any order and as long as I take the Security+ CE credits they will all update regardless of order taken?

If any clarification of the question is needed let me know and I'll reword it :)

Once again.. Thanks a lot fellas!! Great site for resources and information along with staff which is very helpful.

BtW. Mr. Gibson... You're book is one of the best well put together books I've read regarding computer certifications to date.

Comments

• quinnyflyquinnyfly Member Posts: 243 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats Mate, good score.

This links to CompTIA's ce program: CompTIA Continuing Education - CompTIA IT Pro Community
    The Wings of Technology
  • PetrinodaPetrinoda Member Posts: 33 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Right... I understand what is in that URL, but my question is say I get the Security+ Before my A+.... Does that matter?
  • YuckTheFankeesYuckTheFankees Member Posts: 1,281 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Congrats! I dont understand your question? Are you asking if it matters if you take A+ and S+ in any type of order?
  • IvanjamIvanjam Member Posts: 978 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Petrinoda wrote: »
    Right... I understand what is in that URL, but my question is say I get the Security+ Before my A+.... Does that matter?
    quinnyfly wrote: »
    Congrats Mate, good score.

This links to CompTIA's ce program: CompTIA Continuing Education - CompTIA IT Pro Community

At the bottom of that web page is the phrase "If you have multiple CompTIA certifications you only need to pay the annual fees and earn CEU’s for the highest level certification you are renewing. By earning a ‘ce’ designation on the highest level cert you would automatically be granted ‘ce’ designations for the lower level certifications as well." The certifications are ranked in the following order: Security+ > Network+ > A+. This means passing Security+ last will renew both Network+ and A+ but passing Network+ after both Security+ and A+ will only renew A+. HTH.

http://certification.comptia.org/Libraries/Certification_Documents/ceu_faq.sflb.ashx
    Fall 2014: Start MA in Mathematics [X]
    Fall 2016: Start PhD in Mathematics [X]
  • ahphotoahphoto Member Posts: 103
    Congrats on the pass :)

If you want to pass one cert and have that very apply to (extend) the life of your net+ and other cert, you should consider the a+ before the sec+. If you have a+ and net+, then get sec+, your a+ and net+ will expire the same day as your sec+.

I hope that makes sense.
    Ipsa scientia potestas est.
  • ahphotoahphoto Member Posts: 103
    Very = cert.

Fat fingers plus tiny keyboard equals fail. Haha.
    Ipsa scientia potestas est.
    In addition to what I said earlier - you may also use other exams in order to renew a CompTIA certification, e.g., In order to renew your Sec+ (which automatically renews you Net+ and A+), you may pass CCNA Security, SSCP, CEH, MCITP:EA, etc.

http://certification.comptia.org/Libraries/Certification_Documents/sec_plus_approved_certs.sflb.ashx
    Ahh.. Okay. Well i just passed the Network+ on 4/4 and plan on taking the A+/Security+ (Both of them within the next 2-3 months)... But I guess to make things more easier I'll just take the A+ first to get it out of the way then proceed with the Security+ so they're all updated from that point forward.
  • oluckykeoluckyke Member Posts: 10 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Any advice about studying I take the test on 4/20
    oluckyke wrote: »
    Any advice about studying I take the test on 4/20

I read this book for exam N10-004: CompTIA Network+ Certification Passport, Third Edition by Glen Clarke

You can also try: Professor Messer’s N10-004 CompTIA Network+ Training Course
  • Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats on pass!! icon_thumright.gif
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
  • SharkDiverSharkDiver Member Posts: 844
    Congratulations!
    Nice job.
    Thanks guys!! As far as study material. I only read Mike Meyers Network+ and watched Professor Messer's Videos. On top of that I took every free sample exam I could find including the ones that came with the book and I could take online. Also I went to Barnes n Nobles and picked up every Network+ book I could find and went through those practice questions as well... Regardless if for the 004/005. Just pound your head with material as much as you can until you can recite it in your sleep!! That's what I did, but that's how I study for everything. Then once it's over... I forget it all... lol j/k