905!!!!

I'll post more details later - going out to get drunk now.

:D
Every man dies, not every man really lives.

Comments

• TeKniquesTeKniques Member Posts: 1,262 ■■■■□□□□□□
    LOL, congrats on the pass.
  • Silver BulletSilver Bullet Member Posts: 676 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congratulations!!!
  • vexvex Member Posts: 113
    Congratz!!!!!!!
    Ancient Certs:
    Exam 70-064: Implementing and Supporting Microsoft Windows® 95
    Exam 70-067: Implementing and Supporting Microsoft Windows NT Server 4.0
  • jescabjescab Inactive Imported Users Posts: 1,321
    CONGRATZ dude..........sweet....any tips
    GO STEELERS GO - STEELERS RULE
  • 12thlevelwarrior12thlevelwarrior Member Posts: 302
    Ok, hope this is clear (cause I am wasted). Just kidding. Let me first tell you guys, that it felt great to pass after 3 months of studying. The testing format was fairly simple. No interactive questions, but about 8 with exhibits that were basically images of settings or network drawings etc. I had 58 questions and about 160 minutes to finish. The questions were not to terribly long, but I did check about 8 questions to come back for review. Didn't think I scored a 905, felt more like a 700 (if passing), but I always second guess myself on tests. Anyway, I studied with the MS 2nd press 70-270 book. I read the entire book, studied the details (about two months), then I began to take practice tests (this site, and the tests with the book). The last two weeks I just spent taking the test with the book over and over and over again, learning why I answered questions wrong. I would say that if you learn the book inside and out and go through and learn from the practice tests on the book cd (425 questions) you'll pass. I have 5 years expericence (4 help desk and 1 sys admin).

I spend a lot of time learning small details (max password length, registry keys etc...), but the test was not as detailed as a thought, but they did test you more on troubleshooting scenarios. Feel, free to post any questions.

This site really helped me, thank you!!!!!

On to 290!
  • Ricka182Ricka182 Member Posts: 3,359
    congrats!
    i remain, he who remains to be....
  • 12thlevelwarrior12thlevelwarrior Member Posts: 302
    Thanks for the congrats!!

Forgot to say that I think the difficulty of the exam was a 7. The difficulty was very similar to the MeasureUp questions on the book, although I didn't see one question that had the EXACT wording from the books questions.
  • janmikejanmike Member Posts: 3,076
    Congrats!
    "It doesn't matter, it's in the past!"--Rafiki
  • Ally77Ally77 Member Posts: 212
    Well done, thatl make ur xmas better!!!!i didi the same as u, read in too much detail about things such as registry keys, never came up in the exam. congrats :D
  • spudnikspudnik Member Posts: 232 ■■■□□□□□□□