Has anyone took a certification exam in a foreign country?

Right now I'm in the planning stages of booking my CCENT here in the next few weeks.

I currently live/work in South Korea and in the US Army. I've called around to a few of the education centers on some of the military bases and asked if anyone can proctor the exam and all answers are no.

However when I look for a certification voucher, say from Prometric, I can find locations in Seoul and I'm sure I can request to have the exam in English.

I was just wondering if anyone had any advice or past experiences with this.

thanks
***Freedom of Speech, Just Watch What You Say*** Example, Beware of CompTIA Certs (Deleted From Google Cached)

"Its easier to deceive the masses then to convince the masses that they have been deceived."
-unknown

Comments

• KPLCKPLC Member Posts: 72 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I've taken exams at PearsonVue testing locations in Laos and at Prometric locations in Thailand, all in English. No issues. Show up, show id, run paperwork, take test.
  • JockVSJockJockVSJock Member Posts: 1,118
    Asif Dasl wrote: »

PS - Did you check to check to see if you can do the exam in North Korea? That would be funny!

In case you didn't know, its Earth Day everyday in North Korea.

http://www.infowars.com/it’s-always-earth-hour-in-north-korea/
    ***Freedom of Speech, Just Watch What You Say*** Example, Beware of CompTIA Certs (Deleted From Google Cached)

"Its easier to deceive the masses then to convince the masses that they have been deceived."
    -unknown
  • hardstylewonhardstylewon Member Posts: 15 ■□□□□□□□□□
    JockVSJock wrote: »
    Right now I'm in the planning stages of booking my CCENT here in the next few weeks.

I currently live/work in South Korea and in the US Army. I've called around to a few of the education centers on some of the military bases and asked if anyone can proctor the exam and all answers are no.

However when I look for a certification voucher, say from Prometric, I can find locations in Seoul and I'm sure I can request to have the exam in English.

I was just wondering if anyone had any advice or past experiences with this.

thanks

I took A+ and Security+ at Yongsan and Camp Humphreys. Go through Pearsonvue and click military and you will find the military installations on Armed Forces Pacific. If you go to Humphrey's they are very strict. Not so much at the Yongsan Ed Center. I hope this helps!

And I just left there last October. I worked at 121.
  • Joshuab009Joshuab009 Member Posts: 67 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I took the net + and ccna outside of the US. No issues. Very professional yet small testing centers.
  • TeslTesl Member Posts: 87 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Took CCNA in Japan and it was all fine. I even got an additional 30 minutes for taking the exam in a foreign language, even though I took it in English. That was nice.
  • JockVSJockJockVSJock Member Posts: 1,118
    I took A+ and Security+ at Yongsan and Camp Humphreys. Go through Pearsonvue and click military and you will find the military installations on Armed Forces Pacific. If you go to Humphrey's they are very strict. Not so much at the Yongsan Ed Center. I hope this helps!

And I just left there last October. I worked at 121.

Awesome, just what I needed.

thanks

-unknown
  • Asif DaslAsif Dasl Member Posts: 2,116 ■■■■■■■■□□
  • yamaj615yamaj615 Member Posts: 29 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Yes, I took the A+ certification in Germany at a prometric testing facility. But if you do take your exam at an facility off-base you must make sure you have an "international voucher" because if the army provided it to you i'm sure it is an voucher that can only be used in the US or US facilities. Before you book your exam you should call and verify this at the facility. Good Luck with everything and please let us know how it works out. :)