Passed Security+

arieldarield Member Posts: 38 ■■□□□□□□□□
I took the exam this weekend and Passed with a score of 836!

I read Darril Gibson's SY0-201 Book late last year but then I decided to take the new exam instead. So I ordered/read Darril Gibson's new book (SY0-301) 1.5 months ago and I passed on the first try. I also had access to Labsim, but I honestly thought that DG's book + techexams helped more than than anything.

I'm going for SSCP next (Hopefully this is the right track). I just ordered DG's book for this as well. Please let me know if you have any advice or any additional resources that you recommend. Thanks all for the support TE! Couldn't have done it without this community!

Comments

• sys_tecksys_teck Member Posts: 130 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrads!!

what is the bext for you? Cisco Microsoft or both?
    working on CCNA
  • quinnyflyquinnyfly Member Posts: 243 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats Mate :)
    The Wings of Technology
  • DarrilDarril Member Posts: 1,588
    Congrats on the pass and glad to hear the book helped.

SSCP is a good next step for a security path. The SSCP book has the content, but the best source for SSCP practice test questions is studIScope. (ISC)2 changes the questions in their test bank often and they update their practice test questions in the studISCope banks. Here's a link:
    https://www.expresscertifications.com/ISC2/Catalog.aspx

Good luck.
  • arieldarield Member Posts: 38 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Thanks TE and thanks Darril for the extra advice and for the awsome books you write. :)
  • Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats on pass!! icon_thumright.gif
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
  • ahphotoahphoto Member Posts: 103
    Congrats! icon_cheers.gif
    Ipsa scientia potestas est.
  • cmitchell_00cmitchell_00 Member Posts: 250 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congratulations on the pass! I wish you all the best with your chosen career path and while learning new things.