How do you display your certs?

So far I only have my Net+, and I just got the cert and card in the mail. I am trying to think ahead of how I should display them. I was thinking either framing or a nice quality 3 ring binder. I just wish the CompTIA cert was a full 8.5x11, instead of that half page size. Does anyone know of any three ring binder sleeves that fit the CompTIA certs nicely?

Comments

• IvanjamIvanjam Member Posts: 978 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I plan to frame my original certificates. I have enlarged and printed the PDF versions found on the CompTIA website on letter size paper and placed them in plastic sleeves in a three-ring binder.
    Fall 2014: Start MA in Mathematics [X]
    Fall 2016: Start PhD in Mathematics [X]
  • YFZbluYFZblu Member Posts: 1,462 ■■■■■■■■□□
    CompTIA certs are a requirement of my job, and everyone in my position has them. So I don't display those, they're in a folder in my closet at home.

Once I get CCNA knocked out I'll probably frame it and put it on my desk at work though.
  • spiderjerichospiderjericho Registered Users, Member Posts: 890 ■■■■■□□□□□
    I think we had this discussion before (but what is old is new again).

I used to put all of my certs in frames. But I have 20 plus, want to save space, don't feel the need to broadcast my accomplishments (or wave my e *****), so I just put them in a binder with everything.

If I get a CCIE, I'd hang and frame that sucker since it's a demanding, difficult and costly journey that not many have conquered (30,000 is a low number even with the **** and cheating, especially in China, Africa and India, not to say that there aren't legit candidates).

For some CCNA is a big deal, so you should hang it proudly.
  • HypntickHypntick Member Posts: 1,451 ■■■■■■□□□□
    We recently got a trophy wall at work. Suspended from floor to ceiling wires are lexan frames bolted in. Pretty neat looking actually. Obviously not all certs are displayed, mostly the ones that are pertinent to our business, MS, Sonicwall, VCP etc.
    WGU BS:IT Completed June 30th 2012.
    WGU MS:ISA Completed October 30th 2013.
  • Asif DaslAsif Dasl Member Posts: 2,116 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I put my certificates & test sheets in to a folder and put it at the bottom of a box in storage... it means very little to me - it was a waste of a tree. If I want to look at what I have passed or failed then I just log in to the Prometric/Pearson Vue or the Microsoft/Cisco websites.
  • paul78paul78 Member Posts: 3,016 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Hypntick wrote: »
    We recently got a trophy wall at work. Suspended from floor to ceiling wires are lexan frames bolted in. Pretty neat looking actually.
    That sounds like a wonderful idea. Do the employees that have their certs displayed find that a nice way to be recognized. Does it inspire people? Just curiuos. Thanks.
  • ajs1976ajs1976 Member Posts: 1,945 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I don't have mine displayed. I keep them in a binder with my score sheets for safe keeping. When i'm interviewing I take some of them out and put them i a portfolio.
    Andy

2020 Goals: 0 of 2 courses complete, 0 of 2 exams complete
  • phantasmphantasm Member Posts: 995
    I've never displayed any of mine. I place them in a binder and lock it up in the safe. If and when I get a CCIE, that I might display. Otherwise, those who need to know my qualifications know them. Those that don't, don't.
    "No man ever steps in the same river twice, for it's not the same river and he's not the same man." -Heraclitus
  • afcyungafcyung Member Posts: 212
    I display my CISSP. It was a lot of work for me and I am proud to have earned it.
  • NetworkVeteranNetworkVeteran Member Posts: 2,338 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I frame degrees. I don't frame certifications. The effort needed for a certification pales in comparison.

I would probably frame a CCIE, given they take about a year to achieve.
  • HypntickHypntick Member Posts: 1,451 ■■■■■■□□□□
    paul78 wrote: »
    That sounds like a wonderful idea. Do the employees that have their certs displayed find that a nice way to be recognized. Does it inspire people? Just curiuos. Thanks.

I think it's really cool, not sure how the other guys feel about it though. I imagine some folks feel left out by not having any certs, but it's not like there's no opportunity for furthering your education there. It's highly encouraged and compensated for as a matter of fact.

Since we recently moved to a new office, they will be shown off a lot, we've had a ton of people coming in just to see the new place. Depending on the customer, it may inspire confidence in the level of engineers working on their systems.
    WGU BS:IT Completed June 30th 2012.
    WGU MS:ISA Completed October 30th 2013.
  • zrockstarzrockstar Member Posts: 378
    Thanks for the feeback guys, I like the idea of printing them off CompTIA in full size. I think I might do down to Staples and have them printed on some semi gloss paper.
  • N2ITN2IT Inactive Imported Users Posts: 7,483 ■■■■■■■■■■
    I would only frame my most important certification and my degrees. That's me personally, if N+ was my most accomplished cert I would frame it, however my ITIL service transition is my most cherished certification. When I study the exam I was actually implementing a new service. That is a special certification that actually helped me through a trying time. I was able to leverage the language in meetings when I was in over my head. I was able to make smart sound decisions based off of the best practices it presented. I was able to learn at a faster rate because I was exposed to that subject matter in academics and real world. If I would of followed through with the PMP that would of been.

When I finally graduate with my MBA that will be my most prized piece of paper other than the birth certificates of my children :)
  • joshmadakorjoshmadakor Member Posts: 495 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I have my entry level CompTIA ones on my office wall like a boss icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif, the other ones are chilling in my desk. Don't ask me why I do what I do.
    WGU B.S. Information Technology (Completed January 2013)
  • VAHokie56VAHokie56 Member Posts: 783
    No shame at all in being proud of your certs . Hang em loud and hang em proud you earned it, regardless of what level they are.
    .ιlι..ιlι.
    CISCO
    "A flute without holes, is not a flute. A donut without a hole, is a Danish" - Ty Webb
    Reading:NX-OS and Cisco Nexus Switching: Next-Generation Data Center Architectures
  • tpatt100tpatt100 Member Posts: 2,991 ■■■■■■■■■□
    I keep all of mine in plastic sleeves in a three ring binder in the closet.

I understand that if you are a solutions provider that customers might be impressed seeing certs on a wall but i think it would cause too much butt hurt in a lot of places of work.
  • logisticalstyleslogisticalstyles Member Posts: 150 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I hang copies of mine in my cube at work and have the originals framed hanging over my bed. I keep the originals over my bed so I can remind myself of how far I've come, and where I want to go from here.

I have the copies hanging in my cube to remind people that I actually earned my position. I used to work in another department of the same firm for almost 10 years and finally after completing Technical school and earning some certs I got moved to the Help Desk. I feel it's a reminder to people that come to my desk that I know what I'm talking about. Once I get a Microsoft cert, I will remove the A+ and maybe the Net+ from my cube and just hang the MS cert.