ITIL Boot Camp

Joshuab009Joshuab009 Member Posts: 67 ■■□□□□□□□□
Well I completed a 3 day course on Foundations and tested on the third day. We tested on paper so it will be 2-4 weeks before I get my results. Overall I think ITIL is def worth looking into. After I get my results, I will be pursuing more ITIL courses.

Comments

• Joshuab009Joshuab009 Member Posts: 67 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Great news. I got the email today and I passed the Foundation.
  • onesaintonesaint Member Posts: 801
    Congrats on the pass!
    Do you have previous experience with the ITIL topics?
    Work in progress: picking up Postgres, elastisearch, redis, Cloudera, & AWS.
    Next up: eventually the RHCE and to start blogging again.

Control Protocol; my blog of exam notes and IT randomness
    I did not. I poked around on Google though.
  • whatthehellwhatthehell Member Posts: 920
    Congratz on the pass! Was the boot camp expensive? Worth it?
    2017 Goals:
    [ ] Security + [ ] 74-409 [ ] CEH
    Future Goals:
    TBD
    Thanks. I can't speak of the price because it was funded by my employer. But it was Learning Tree. I don't really think this cert would prove worthwhile without some sort of formal training/explanation of the process. But that's just me.
  • jibbajabbajibbajabba Member Posts: 4,317 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Joshuab009 wrote: »
    Thanks. I can't speak of the price because it was funded by my employer. But it was Learning Tree. I don't really think this cert would prove worthwhile without some sort of formal training/explanation of the process. But that's just me.

The boot camp is hard though - we did the same, funded 3-Day course by the employer. I think in order to pass that using only books and google, you have to be made out of something special .. like some little robots or something like that .. It is almost like Marmite - you either love it or hate it ...

Mind you - the course is borderline braindumping if you ask me ... And the line is very thin ....
    My own knowledge base made public: http://open902.com :p