What should I Do - Exam nerves?

j666gakj666gak Member Posts: 19 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi,

I got my N10-004 booked for 17th April and using the Transcender test engine have been getting 90%+, so feeling quite confident. Then last night on the CompTIA website I did some sample questions run by MeasureUp and got 70% (Fail). I must say i'm surprised there is that much of a difference between the two them, although it has knocked my confidence quite a bit yconfused.gif

Any ideas?

Thanks
Guy
GOOD THINGS COME TO ALL - THAT WORK THEIR ASSES OFF AND NEVER GIVE UP!

Comments

• Asif DaslAsif Dasl Member Posts: 2,116 ■■■■■■■■□□
    How were you using the Transcender tests? Did you go over them a couple of times and now know the anwsers? I don't think you will have a problem, just go over what you got wrong and hit that area for a little while. Transcender would be better practice tests for me.
  • j666gakj666gak Member Posts: 19 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thanks for the reply Asif.

Yes I have been through the Transcender test engine a couple of times and most likely learn't the answers now. I wondered out of MeasureUp and Transcender which most realistic like the exam, the Transcender doesn't seem to have a lot of troubleshooting for O/Ss other than Windows
    Great quote by the way!
  • Concerned WaterConcerned Water Member Posts: 338 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I failed the comptia a+ questions on their website and when took the actual exam I passed with a high score. Look over the objectives and make sure you understand them. Whatever you feel uneasy about, hit the book and review. You'll do fine.
    :study:Reading: CCNP Route FLG, Routing TCP/IP Vol. 1
    SWITCH [x] ROUTE [ ] TSHOOT [ ] VCP6-NV [ ]
    Concerned Water, thanks for the reply.

I am very glad to hear that you passed your exam with a high score after a failed attempt on CompTIA website, it has eased the pressure a bit so thanks. I have been making notes on things I need to look at again, mainly cable standards/OSI/PKI/subnetting

Thanks to all for the support :D
  • MrkaliMrkali Member Posts: 105
    70% is not bad for having a week left to study. Make some flash cards for topics that you feel you lack knowledge on. You'll do well. :)
  • andremcullinsandremcullins Member Posts: 25 ■□□□□□□□□□
    i studied n10-005 and 90% of the notes i used i found on here....trust me i usually do bad on tests but after studying for a month it was nothing.
  • quinnyflyquinnyfly Member Posts: 243 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I believe I was the same on the Security + pract test on CompTIA's website, was also about a week out from test date. Best part about it was, that it divulged my weaknesses and just as the other guys say, work on them and the rest is a stroll in the park.

Best of luck:)
    The Wings of Technology
    Thanks guys.

This evening I have been reading through the information on here and making notes on section that I am weak on, originally as it said that it was for N10-003 I didn't look at it.

So hopefully on the 17th i'll be able to report good news, really hope so as it is my 30th birthday on the 18th and would be nice to have 1 cert before I am 30.

Cheers
  • cmitchell_00cmitchell_00 Member Posts: 250 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I wish you the best on the exam and study on areas where you are weak in. Also, as someone else mention earlier make some index card notes and use the others as flash cards too.
    Thanks very much, will try my best : )
    Great news, I passed with 825 and really pleased :D

thanks very much for your support everybody it really helped. So what next... already got Darril's study guide for Security+ on Kindle
  • IvanjamIvanjam Member Posts: 978 ■■■■□□□□□□
    j666gak wrote: »

thanks very much for your support everybody it really helped. So what next... already got Darril's study guide for Security+ on Kindle

Congratulations on the pass! icon_thumright.gif
    Good choice of reading material for your next exam.
    Fall 2014: Start MA in Mathematics [X]
    Fall 2016: Start PhD in Mathematics [X]
  • Concerned WaterConcerned Water Member Posts: 338 ■■■■□□□□□□

Congratsicon_thumright.gif Exam objectives are key. Check out professor Messor Security+ videos to aid your studies. Their free.

Link
    Professor Messer's Free CompTIA SY0-301 Security+ Training Course | Professor Messer - CompTIA A+, CompTIA Network+, Certification Training
    :study:Reading: CCNP Route FLG, Routing TCP/IP Vol. 1
    SWITCH [x] ROUTE [ ] TSHOOT [ ] VCP6-NV [ ]
    Thanks very much

I used the Prof Messer videos for Net+ they are good, I will be using Prof Messer for Sec+ as well

Cheers
  • MrkaliMrkali Member Posts: 105

Congratulations on the pass!icon_thumright.gif

Nice job.
    Thank you very much :D
    with thanks to Darril's study guide for Security+ for Kindle, I passed the Security+ with 830 today :D

Cheers
  • mjnk77mjnk77 Member Posts: 164 ■■■□□□□□□□
    congrats on passing the Security+ exam!!! i've been studying for the network+ and will be taking, hopefully, in a few weeks, then will start cracking immediately on the security+. i'll look into Darril's Study Guide for Security+. Is that all you used?
    Thanks very much mjnk77. I mainly used a kindle version of Darril's book, backed up with Prof Messer's videos, testing engine from Transcender and I would recommend them all. Good luck with them as long as you put the work in you'll do fine, let me know how you get on.
  • mjnk77mjnk77 Member Posts: 164 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Will do, thanks!
  • DarrilDarril Member Posts: 1,588
    with thanks to Darril's study guide for Security+ for Kindle, I passed the Security+ with 830 today :D

Cheers
    Congratulations on the pass. Great score! Good luck with your next adventure.
    Thanks Darril! Your book really helped me and gave real life scenarios, I just need you to write some more books maybe CEH? And kindle versions are a winner, made it so much easier to learn over lunch at work and whenever I had a spare moment.

Great job
  • IristheangelIristheangel Mod Posts: 4,133 Mod
    Great job! Congratulations!
    BS, MS, and CCIE #50931
    Blog: www.network-node.com
    Great job! Congratulations!

Many thanks Iristheangel :D
  • CerebroCerebro Member Posts: 108
    Congrats! I'm currently going through the Prof Messer vids for the N+ to fill any gaps in knowledge.
    2014 goals: ICND2[]

Thanks! Good luck and i'm sure you'll have no issues with the Network as you have CCENT