Options

Passed N10-005; 04/09/12

MrkaliMrkali Member Posts: 105
After passing the A+ last month I scheduled my Net+ test for April 9th and started my studies, which consisted of Mike Meyers All In One and flash cards for topics on the exam objectives that I needed additional clarity on. I then took several practice tests and honed in on areas were I felt I lacked proficiency. I studied for at least two hours a day on weekdays and five to eight hours on weekends for a little under a month.

This morning I sat the test and passed with a 853!

My thoughts on the -005 exam:

A little easier than I was expecting. After underestimating the A+ I made sure I had a complete grasp of all the listed exam objectives for the Net+. I felt the questions were way better written than the A+ and that I had an exact idea of what answer the questions were looking for.

For my A+ I had used a prometric facility and after multiple issues (tests crashing, unable to print results, etc) during both 701 & 702 I opted for a Pearson Vue testing center for my Net+ exam. Everything functioned properly and the testing process was smooth. I will use them for my Security+.

My thoughts on Mike Meyers All In one:

I decided to use the Mike Meyers book for my studies after using his book for the A+. The book is roughly half the size of the A+ book. I felt his book was long winded but I knew what I was getting into from his previous book. I passed, so I suppose I can't complain!

My next move:

Tonight I plan to grab a couple drinks and take a few days off (wife is forcing me), then begin my Security+ studies. I've decided to use Darril's book for that. My wife was offered a promotion that requires us to relocate, which we decided to accept. We'll be moving to Orange County, CA. She starts June 1st. I plan to start looking for an entry level IT job in the OC area starting this week.

Comments

• Options
    SharkDiverSharkDiver Member Posts: 844
    Congratulations! Nice score.
    Security+ is a cool cert. You should like it.
    Good Luck!
  • Options
    IvanjamIvanjam Member Posts: 978 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats, Mrkali. icon_thumright.gif
    Fall 2014: Start MA in Mathematics [X]
    Fall 2016: Start PhD in Mathematics [X]
  • Options
    quinnyflyquinnyfly Member Posts: 243 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Top score, congrats, and I reckon your Wife is right, we should take time off inbetween certs <mine has been nagging me for a couple of weeks now!!>.... "But they are pyschic creatures of sorts and seem to know what's best for you!"

After 4 months solid slog and almost 3 new certs, I am having a rest B4 MS 70-640 (Active Directory)...looks a little more intense than others I have done. Keep up the good work and you are more than welcome to post questions on here, there are many well experienced folks around this forum with a wealth of valuable knowledge that can help us all.
    The Wings of Technology
  • Options
    Thanks all for the congratulations!

I agree about the wife, quinnyfly. Being in a relationship, working full time and then delving into studying after work requires balancing. My wife supports and understands what I am trying to accomplish. I want to jump head first into my next goal, but I agree with her that I should take a few days off. I did purchase the book for security+ today though icon_wink.gif.
  • Options
    Mrkali wrote: »
    ...I did purchase the book for security+ today though icon_wink.gif.

That's the spirit, Mrkali! Reading about your progress helps me to stay focused.
  • Options
    DarrilDarril Member Posts: 1,588
  • Options
    nda31nda31 Member Posts: 10 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congrats! Best of luck on Security+.
  • Options
    KragsterKragster Member Posts: 44 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats on pass. I had same book for Net+ and I am about halfway through Darril's Sec+ book. So far I'm finding it much easier to stay focused while reading this one. Plan to take the test next week.
  • Options
    Ivanjam wrote: »
    That's the spirit, Mrkali! Reading about your progress helps me to stay focused.

I'm glad to hear it. Looks like you're plugging along a similar path to me. Keep up the good work :)
    Kragster wrote: »
    I am about halfway through Darril's Sec+ book. So far I'm finding it much easier to stay focused while reading this one. Plan to take the test next week.

That's great to hear. Good luck with your Sec+ test next week. I'm sure you'll do well. icon_thumright.gif

Let us know how it goes!
  • Options
    Kragster wrote: »
    Congrats on pass. I had same book for Net+ and I am about halfway through Darril's Sec+ book. So far I'm finding it much easier to stay focused while reading this one. Plan to take the test next week.

Kragster: Good luck on the test! icon_thumright.gif
  • Options
    gadav478gadav478 Member Posts: 374 ■■■□□□□□□□
    lol great job on passing the N+. Thanks for the valuable info too!

I'll be knocking down the N+ after I finish this CCENT certificate, last day of classes is tomorrow. I think N+ should've been the next logical step before heading into CISCO but the class is free, so what can I say?? hehe

congrats, may the drinks continue to flow lol
    Goals for 2015: CCNP