Has Anybody Done Any Of The SecurityTube-Training.com Programs?

contentproscontentpros Member Posts: 115 ■■■■□□□□□□
Hey All,

I was just wondering if anybody has done any training through Securitytube-Training.com? If so, would you be so kind as to share your experience / thoughts? I decided to sign up for their new python course SecurityTube Python Scripting Expert « SecurityTube Trainings since I really need to improve my scripting languages and I thought this might be a way to light a fire under my backside and stick to learning python. I'm usually pretty good with sitting down with a couple of books and drilling it until it sticks but lately I have been lacking the additional motivation. It was fairly cheap so I figured the $200 will be well spent.

So has anyone done any of their other training and if so what did you think?

Regards,

~CP

Comments

• nicklauscombsnicklauscombs Member Posts: 885
    i absolutely love all the videos he produces so i wouldn't think twice about spending the money.
    WIP: IPS exam
  • the_Grinchthe_Grinch Member Posts: 4,165 ■■■■■■■■■■
    This seems pretty cool, I might sign up. Thanks for the info!
    WIP:
    PHP
    Kotlin
    Intro to Discrete Math
    Programming Languages
    Work stuff
    Yeah, definitely interested in the Metasploit and Python certifications
    WIP:
    PHP
    Kotlin
    Intro to Discrete Math
    Programming Languages
    Work stuff
  • contentproscontentpros Member Posts: 115 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I saw a few sample clips of the metasploit framework and liked what I saw but it is really hard to form an opinion on 5 minutes of sample clips. I think most people aren't aware of their certifications offerings. I was just looking at it as a way to stretch the budget to get junior staff some decent training for bargain prices. I signed up for the python course but we don't get portal access until April 25th. I'll let you know how it goes.

Regards,

~CP
  • afcyungafcyung Member Posts: 212
    This was a good find. I didnt even know this company existed. I signed up because I needed a good introduction to scripting in python. thanks!!!!
  • onesaintonesaint Member Posts: 801
    I signed up as well. Python is on my list of things to do over the summer, so this was good timing. Great find.
    Work in progress: picking up Postgres, elastisearch, redis, Cloudera, & AWS.
    Next up: eventually the RHCE and to start blogging again.

Control Protocol; my blog of exam notes and IT randomness
  • SephStormSephStorm Member Posts: 1,731 ■■■■■■■□□□
    all of the MSFE videos are available for free if you want to evaluate them. I liked what I saw, I just havent been into anything recently icon_sad.gif
  • sting_224sting_224 Member Posts: 43 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I hardly get to read books and prefer video trainings. I've watched almost all the metaspliot videos on security tube and they are really good. I hope to signup for the wireless and python certification towards the end of the year.
  • onesaintonesaint Member Posts: 801
    sting_224 wrote: »
    I hardly get to read books and prefer video trainings. I've watched almost all the metaspliot videos on security tube and they are really good. I hope to signup for the wireless and python certification towards the end of the year.

It might be worthwhile to sign up for the Python certification now as you'll save $50 and access to the material doesn't expire according to the site.

4. What is the course duration? when does it start / stop ?

The SPSE course is completely self paced. There is no duration of the course or expiry period. You can download all the course material from the students portal and watch at your own convenience. The exam dates are flexible as well and you can book them whenever you feel you are ready.
    Work in progress: picking up Postgres, elastisearch, redis, Cloudera, & AWS.
    Next up: eventually the RHCE and to start blogging again.

Control Protocol; my blog of exam notes and IT randomness
    Definitely going to do the Python and Metasploit courses. I feel like these would be a good pre-req to OSCP...
    WIP:
    PHP
    Kotlin
    Intro to Discrete Math
    Programming Languages
    Work stuff
  • afcyungafcyung Member Posts: 212
    the_Grinch wrote: »
    Definitely going to do the Python and Metasploit courses. I feel like these would be a good pre-req to OSCP...

My thoughts exactly. I am currently working on the Linux + Cert and this prior to taking the OSCP.
    I go back and forth on whether I want to take a Linux certification prior to OSCP. Part of me says I probably know enough Linux to be ok, but the other part of me says it couldn't hurt to do it.
    WIP:
    PHP
    Kotlin
    Intro to Discrete Math
    Programming Languages
    Work stuff
  • nicklauscombsnicklauscombs Member Posts: 885
    the_Grinch wrote: »
    I go back and forth on whether I want to take a Linux certification prior to OSCP. Part of me says I probably know enough Linux to be ok, but the other part of me says it couldn't hurt to do it.

definitely won't hurt but not necessarily needed if you dont mind digging in a little harder.
    WIP: IPS exam