Cert Status Refresher Question

goasakawagoasakawa Member Posts: 58 ■■□□□□□□□□
ive been out of the cert game for a while now due to work and gaining real-world-experience. Some of my collegues tell me that my Comp TIA certs are forever. They then tell me my MCP (XP) Cert expires. Can someone clear this up. And if I take at least one M$ Cert a year will that keep me active? Thanks icon_smile.gif

Comments

• keatronkeatron Member Posts: 1,213 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Microsoft certs never expire, MS retires certifications after some time. But once you're an MCP you're always an MCP. For example, NT4 certification track has pretty much been retired, but everyone who's an MCSE on NT4 will always be that and will always be recognized as an MCP.

The only ones of us who have to worry about being active as far as Microsoft certs are concerned are Microsoft Certified Trainers. You have to train so many students per year and you have to keep a certain minimum rating per the student evaluations.
  • texicantexican Member Posts: 19 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Also, your collegues are correct about the CompTIA certs. Once you get them, you can have them engraved on your tombstone, because they're not going away.
  • jescabjescab Inactive Imported Users Posts: 1,321
    CompTIA and Microsoft certification never expire.
    GO STEELERS GO - STEELERS RULE