Network+ 004 Passed!!!

shamilt1shamilt1 Member Posts: 5 ■■■□□□□□□□
Got an 825. (4/12/12) What a relief!! I have a Graduate degree but it has been dang near 14 years since I have had to take any kind of test that matters. (At least to me). Purposely took the tutorial before the test just to calm down. Once I got going, was not that bad. "Just like riding a bike!" Finished the test way early and so had plenty of time to go over my answers and the questions that I marked for review.

For some weird reason I blanked out on some areas that should have been freebies on points but hey, I got over the hump. The questions were not difficult but they covered a lot of topics. Mile wide, inch deep.

Used about 3-4 books but did the bulk of my studying on Michael Meyers book. (Warning, there are some mistakes in it) The last two weeks I reviewed Todd Lammle and Exam Cram. Did a bunch of practice tests as well. Freaked me out a little as some of the other books I looked at went a little more in depth that others in certain topics that were briefly discussed in other so I was kind of stuck. I figured I would start taking the practice test and see what kind of questions they asked first. Also did CBT Nuggets video on CCNA as one of the ops guys advised. That guy was awesome and was able to explain many of the difficult topics well. Even mentioned that there was a great deal of overlap between Network+ and CCNA and he was correct. They helped quite a bit.

It took me about 2 months of studying w/most of the weekends off. My work is real cool so I came in early and would study in the back of our building where we have extra cubicles and I would not be bothered. Too distracting at home and if I was at my desk, my techs would be bothering me w/questions. (Also our Operations guys are in the back so if I had any questions, they were able to help me out.) Took a couple of days off the week prior to the exam and studied like a job…..6-8hrs per day. I was so nervous that I moved my exam date from Tues., to Thurs. My old lady kept telling me to calm down, that I will do fin but I guess I can be a bit of a perfectionist when it comes to my work.
Anyway, that is over and now will be working on further certs. One of those things I kept putting off, but now I figure I need to keep the momentum going.

Comments

• quinnyflyquinnyfly Member Posts: 243 ■■■□□□□□□□
    congrats Mate, great a summary of study also, thanks for sharing:)
    The Wings of Technology
  • Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats on pass!! icon_thumright.gif
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
  • gadav478gadav478 Member Posts: 374 ■■■□□□□□□□
    congrats!
    Goals for 2015: CCNP
  • shamilt1shamilt1 Member Posts: 5 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • YuckTheFankeesYuckTheFankees Member Posts: 1,281 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Congrats on passing the exam! icon_thumright.gif
  • Swift6Swift6 Member Posts: 268 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Well done. What you planning to do next?
  • whatthehellwhatthehell Member Posts: 920
    Congratz on the pass!
    2017 Goals:
    [ ] Security + [ ] 74-409 [ ] CEH
    Future Goals:
    TBD