MCSA

tolmietolmie Member Posts: 37 ■■□□□□□□□□
Hi everyone, I passed my 272 exam last week to make me an MCDST. Im looking to now do my MCSA, I want to know whats the first course I should study, I know people will tell me to do the 270 exam but I want to go back and do that later as I feel server side stuff will help me alot more in my job and job prospects.

Cheers

Comments

• vexvex Member Posts: 113
    If your saving 70-270 for later I would suggest 70-290

Congrats on the 272 pass!
    Ancient Certs:
    Exam 70-064: Implementing and Supporting Microsoft Windows® 95
    Exam 70-067: Implementing and Supporting Microsoft Windows NT Server 4.0
  • tolmietolmie Member Posts: 37 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Cheers, i thot you would say 290, think we have the microsoft 290 book in work. Will get started when I return after new year. Is the 290 exam along the same lines at the 271-272,

Thanks
  • vexvex Member Posts: 113
    I am studying 290 right now using MS Press, CBT Nuggets, Transcender, PrepLogic. I have not taken the MCDST tests but I imagine they are all along the same lines in terms of testing format.
    Ancient Certs:
    Exam 70-064: Implementing and Supporting Microsoft Windows® 95
    Exam 70-067: Implementing and Supporting Microsoft Windows NT Server 4.0
  • keatronkeatron Member Posts: 1,213 ■■■■■■□□□□
    290 and 272 are not even remotely related as far as content. 290 is Managing and Maintaining a Microsoft Windows Server 2003 Environment. 272 has nothing to do with 2003 server or 2003 server environment. Once you delve into the Big Blue book, you'll find out exactly what you need to do to prepare. Good luck. It's not that bad.
  • spudnikspudnik Member Posts: 232 ■■■□□□□□□□
    congrats on the pass, 290 is the next step if you want to wait to do 270, although doing 270 would help for 290 because a little bit overlaps..

but saying that 290 shouldn't be to hard - good luck :)
  • tolmietolmie Member Posts: 37 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I understand the content for 271-272 and 290 are totally different. I was only meaning is the exam in the same format, roughly 50-60 questions and in the same format as 271-272. I want to now pass some server exams as I said before it will give me more of a chance with jobs.
  • evanderburgevanderburg Member Posts: 229 ■■■□□□□□□□
    270 is very close to the DST material. You might want to pursue that while it is all fresh in your mind.
    "You can never know everything and part of what you know is always wrong. Perhaps even the most important part. A portion of wisdom lies in knowing that. A portion of courage lies in going on anyway. " - Lan, Winter's Heart by Robert Jordan