Options

COM port

tokhsstokhss Member Posts: 473
ok.. im just curious as to why there are COM port questions in the network exam.. yes, i know. this is a network exam.. but i thought the A+ took care of these questions..

has any1 come across COM port questions on the real test?

thanks

Comments

• Options
    WebmasterWebmaster Admin Posts: 10,292 Admin
    im just curious as to why there are COM port questions in the network exam
    Which network exam?

COM ports are not part of the Network+ exam, neither are RS-232 and serial connections.
  • Options
    well, i posted in the Network+ forum.. so yea lol.. the network+ exam..

so its not?? i am using the boson practice tests and a com port question came up ...

anyhow, if the test doesnt have it, great.
  • Options
    icon_lol.gif Yeah, I knew you meant the Net+ exam, just wondering where (in which network+ exam) you found a question about COM ports...

No, it surely isn't.
  • Options
    also. those rs232 or whatever questions also came up....

have you heard of the BOSON prep exams.. its making me think they go beyound the outline of the test.
  • Options
    Surely I heard of Boson. If you start with Cisco certs, you will notice how popular they are. In general they provide very good practice questions, but it depends on the author sometimes. Also, they have been around for a long time and build up quite a name.

It's always a good thing to keep the exam objectives as a reference all the time. Mark the items you know already (or the ones you don't :) ). Although CompTIA says: "Example topics and concepts are included i]in the exam objectives[/i to clarify the test objectives and should not be construed as a comprehensive list of all the content of this exam"... if it isn't listed, or directly related to an objective, it's not on the exam. And RS-232 would be a typical thing to list, if it was part of the exam.
  • Options
    ok.. well. i have a bank of about 900 questions from the BOSON preps... there is alot of info.. i just think it may go beyond the objectives of the test somtimes..

however. i can look at it as a review on my A+ skills :)

nevertheless, glad to hear BOSON is widely known.