In need of suggestions.....

iwannaknowITiwannaknowIT Member Posts: 111
After my hiatus from ICND1,I'm gonna start my studies for part 2.I studied totally with Wendell Odom's ICND1/ICND2 book for part one,but I also have Todd Lammle's 7th Ed CCNA book.I have Todd's on hardcover,but Wendell's on computer so would it benefit me to read Lammle's(since I can carry it around at work) or go back to Wendell's and study part 2(free time has become a bit more of an issue,but nontheless will not stop me).Iwanted to know before I dive in starting this weekend......Thanksicon_study.gificon_study.gificon_study.gif

Comments

• binargsbinargs Member Posts: 55 ■■□□□□□□□□
    somehow get the new edition if you dont have it. i find it to be a big difference between odoms 2nd and 3rd edition.
    + cbt niggest + exam cram + packet tracer is what i am doing.
  • NetworkVeteranNetworkVeteran Member Posts: 2,338 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I used Lammle's 7th edition exclusively--it contained sufficient material to be a single source for the CCNA exam theory.
  • MAC_AddyMAC_Addy Member Posts: 1,740 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I used Lammle's 7th edition exclusively--it contained sufficient material to be a single source for the CCNA exam theory.
    +1 for Lammle's 7th edition. I'm using this for my ICND2 studies - it's a brilliant book with lots of information to help you pass the exam. I used this book for my ICND1 exam and passed.
    2017 Certification Goals:
    CCNP R/S
  • iwannaknowITiwannaknowIT Member Posts: 111
    MAC_Addy wrote: »
    +1 for Lammle's 7th edition. I'm using this for my ICND2 studies - it's a brilliant book with lots of information to help you pass the exam. I used this book for my ICND1 exam and passed.
    Lammle it is....................Thanks guys
  • SomnipotentSomnipotent Member Posts: 384

Lammle's material is a lot easier to soak in. Odom is a Cisco veteran and is very thorough in everything you'll ever need (and then some), but I struggle to get through some of his chapters at times. You won't go wrong with Lammle, I've used his material in the past and can personally say it's legit.
    Reading: Internetworking with TCP/IP: Principles, Protocols, and Architecture (D. Comer)
  • rowelldioniciorowelldionicio Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Cisco Press material can be rather dry but I used those only those books to pass my CCNA. I then supplemented my knowledge with forums and documentation on Cisco's website.
  • iwannaknowITiwannaknowIT Member Posts: 111
    Cisco Press material can be rather dry but I used those only those books to pass my CCNA. I then supplemented my knowledge with forums and documentation on Cisco's website.

I actually started with Todd's book,but that was before I choose to go the 2 test route.But now that everything's no longer" Greek"to me and as a refresher,I'm gonna go back with Lammle.His material was really in depth and I no longer fear the "deep" end of the pool(NAT pool that is....lolol)
  • CodeBloxCodeBlox Member Posts: 1,363 ■■■■□□□□□□

While I didn't use his CCNA material, I did use his book for another cert and it caused me to not use another of his books. The particular book I read had some unforgiving errors.
    Currently reading: Network Warrior, Unix Network Programming by Richard Stevens