Failed Horribly

n0xn0x Member Posts: 7 ■□□□□□□□□□
I failed this exam with a 383. The class was six weeks long, and I had ample time to prepare for this exam but I took this test too lightly and did not put enough effort in. Its back to the drawing board with this one. For a quick brain ****:

Alot of Disk Related Questions
and
File and Folder Permissions.

Thank god for the free retake policy until Jan 31!

Comments

• n0xn0x Member Posts: 7 ■□□□□□□□□□
    In addition I would like to add that I got a 87 on the practice exam on this site prior to taking the real 70-270.
  • profets003profets003 Member Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    sorry to hear that.. good luck when rewriting!

bit off topic, but how long does it take to receive your score on these types of exams?
  • TeKniquesTeKniques Member Posts: 1,262 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Sorry to hear you did not pass. What study materials were you using to prepare for the exam?
    profets003 wrote:
    bit off topic, but how long does it take to receive your score on these types of exams?

You receive your score as soon as you push the 'finish' button as well as a nice pass or fail message.
  • evanderburgevanderburg Member Posts: 229 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I did the same thing for XP pro when I took it. I was way overconfident and figured that I would not have to study. I breezed through some materials and took it and failed. Don't give up and try again.
    "You can never know everything and part of what you know is always wrong. Perhaps even the most important part. A portion of wisdom lies in knowing that. A portion of courage lies in going on anyway. " - Lan, Winter's Heart by Robert Jordan
  • n0xn0x Member Posts: 7 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I used the Microsoft Press book and my teacher is a MCT, I just have to do some serious studying this weekend. Does anyone know what credit I get toward my MCSE with my Network+?
  • fualkerfualker Member Posts: 51 ■■□□□□□□□□
    nothing for the network+. You get credit for a MCSE elective with security+.
  • 12mcken12mcken Member Posts: 65 ■■□□□□□□□□
    n0x wrote:
    I used the Microsoft Press book and my teacher is a MCT, I just have to do some serious studying this weekend. Does anyone know what credit I get toward my MCSE with my Network+?

I would agree that you'll need a Security+ to satisfy the MCSE requirement, but if you wanted an MCSA that Network + combined with A+ cert would count toward an elective. Thats something to consider.
  • Chivalry1Chivalry1 Member Posts: 569
    Study those permissions, they will help you in the long run.
    "The recipe for perpetual ignorance is: be satisfied with your opinions and
    content with your knowledge. " Elbert Hubbard (1856 - 1915)
  • reytechreytech Member Posts: 7 ■□□□□□□□□□
    n0x wrote:

No credit for MCSE but if you go for MCSA you can get credit for a combination of both A+ and NET+ towards your elective.
  • jul2083jul2083 Member Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    383 ? ouch, but don't worry we all make mistakes and learn from them (well, not always but you get the idea).

You can't be over confident when taking these exams, they are nothing like CompTIA exams.

This is what I used to prepare for this exam, and it netted me a score of 984.

Sybex 70-270
    CBT Nuggets
    PrepLogic Practice Exam

prepared for about three months. I highly recommend CBT nuggets and the PrepLogic practice tests (which are probably more challenging than the actual exam questions).

The key to passing this exam: read carefully, and filter out all the "noise" that MS throws at you to confuse you.

Good Luck, I'm sure you'll beat up on the 70-270 next time.
  • kingseankingsean Member Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
  • cw295cw295 Member Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
    n0x wrote:

You would need A+ with Network + or just Security +
    cw295
  • BeefchiefBeefchief Member Posts: 13 ■□□□□□□□□□
    cw295 wrote:
    n0x wrote:

You would need A+ with Network + or just Security +

A+ and Network+ count as an elective towards a MCSA, they *don't* count as an elective towards a MCSE.