ITIL Exam - Suggested Course Material [Help needed]

shrry8shrry8 Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hey,

I'm planning to certify for ITIL v3 Foundation course with new course outline. I would be very thankful if you can suggest us a good Course book, sample questions for the preparation. I have been in IT industry for the past 6 years willing to certify for ITIL.

Thanks

Comments

• Rcoffman86Rcoffman86 Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Their are a few companies that offer a complete online package...

Plexent offers a complete online elearning package for $279 which includes content, mock exam, exam. The content is very interactive and course prepares you very well for the exam.
  • sandman748sandman748 Member Posts: 104
    I just passed the exam after reading this book

Foundations of IT Service Management with ITIL 2011: Brady Orand, Julie Villarreal: Amazon.com: Kindle Store

Supplemented by some practice questions (with answers described in detail) from this book

100 ITIL Foundation Exam Questions: Brady Orand: Amazon.com: Kindle Store

I found the sample questions in the book to be much more difficult than the exam. Between those two, I had no trouble with the actual exam. I linked to the kindle versions as they are significantly cheaper than the paperback versions. You dont need a kindle, you can download the kindle app for PC and read it through that. 15 dollars for both books.

I think the book may not have given me an in depth understanding of ITIL, it certainly gave me enough to pass the exam, I just wish it gave some more practical examples of how to implement what the theory. Maybe a course might be much better at that.
    Working on CCIE Collaboration:
    Written Exam Completed June 2015 ~ 100 hrs of study
    Lab Exam Scheduled for Dec 2015