PASSED !!! now a CCENT.

R-LegendR-Legend Member Posts: 8 ■□□□□□□□□□
Well I took the ICND1 yesterday got a 937. (with 30 mins left)
I felt the test was easy ( maybe the set of test questions I had )

But, I did go to the cisco networking academy for one year in 2011. ( I did not finish the whole Exploration course, just too long. ( two years )

What I used for preping
1. A FULL lab, even my home network is a 2610Xm with a Wic1ADSL
2. The Cisco Networking Academy CCNA material. just the ICND1 topics
3. Subnetting.com ( for subneting practice ) I used the 8-16-24-32 method I learned on this forum, Its really quick
4. The practice questions from the learningnetwork.cisco.com
5. A lot of practice!!! icon_study.gif

P.S. wanted to post yesterday because I was so excited but left the test center and went strait to the Detroit Tigers game and had a good time.icon_lol.gif

Comments

• wweboywweboy Member Posts: 287 ■■■□□□□□□□
    First off great job on passing your exam must feel great. I don't know if you can answer this but would you say that the exam is more geared towards troubleshooting questions or sims?

Thanks!
  • ciscoman2012ciscoman2012 Member Posts: 313
    wweboy wrote: »
    First off great job on passing your exam must feel great. I don't know if you can answer this but would you say that the exam is more geared towards troubleshooting questions or sims?

Thanks!

I'd say both. When I took the ICND1 it was more at basic lab commands and some minor troubleshooting. For example, say they give you a topology and want you to figure out how the devices are connected together via what interfaces (Also possibly what IP address each has). You'd have to use Cisco Discovery Protocol to figure that out and hopefully know the CLI commands. Assume they blocked the show run and sh ip int brief too for this question and asked for you to use CDP to figure it out.
  • lantechlantech Member Posts: 329
    wweboy,

Know both inside and out just to be on the safe side. I'm not sure how many questions are in Ciscos testing pool. I think I saw somewhere were it said it was about 600 questions. Not sure how true that is though. The test will be different for you than it will be for others. So what was on Ciscoman2012s test and yours can be a very different test.

Congrats on the pass Ciscoman. icon_cheers.gif

Must have felt great to get that score, especially with the time you had left.
    2012 Certification Goals

CCENT: 04/16/2012
    CCNA: TBD
  • ciscoman2012ciscoman2012 Member Posts: 313
    lantech wrote: »
    wweboy,

Know both inside and out just to be on the safe side. I'm not sure how many questions are in Ciscos testing pool. I think I saw somewhere were it said it was about 600 questions. Not sure how true that is though. The test will be different for you than it will be for others. So what was on Ciscoman2012s test and yours can be a very different test.

Congrats on the pass Ciscoman. icon_cheers.gif

Must have felt great to get that score, especially with the time you had left.

The OP was R-Legend so I assume you're congratulating him. Hell, I'll take a congratulations too though! icon_smile.gif
  • cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
  • SomnipotentSomnipotent Member Posts: 384
    congrats! no slackin' off... get that ICND2 done!!
    Reading: Internetworking with TCP/IP: Principles, Protocols, and Architecture (D. Comer)
  • lantechlantech Member Posts: 329
    The OP was R-Legend so I assume you're congratulating him. Hell, I'll take a congratulations too though! icon_smile.gif

Oops, right right. Sorry to both you and R-legend.

Congrats to R-legend.
    2012 Certification Goals

CCENT: 04/16/2012
    CCNA: TBD
  • Ken217aKen217a Member Posts: 18 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Can I say WOW, I will even say it backwards.............WOW! Great job!!
  • ASUSTeKASUSTeK Member Posts: 148
    Great Job Congrats!
    The Begining Of Wisdom Is "I Don't Know".
  • whatthehellwhatthehell Member Posts: 920
    Congratz on the pass!
    2017 Goals:
    [ ] Security + [ ] 74-409 [ ] CEH
    Future Goals:
    TBD