Any Security CCIEs

jdog0254jdog0254 Member Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
I was wondering if there are any CCSPs that have taken the CCIE Written for Security. After talking to a few people, including security system engineers from Cisco, i have heard that the Security Written is easier than the CCSP exams. Does anyone have any input? Please correct me if I am wrong?
JDog0254

Comments

• determinedgermandeterminedgerman Member Posts: 168
    i wish I could tell you but I am still working on my CCSP.....If you have any good information and resources please post them.

Thanks,

Mike
  • Ten9t6Ten9t6 Member Posts: 691
    I am working on finishing my CCSP.....but, I have taken the Security Written. (I know...kind of backwards)...and I am not sure I agree with that statement. When I am taking the CIPS test or the PIX test...I know I am pretty contained into those boxes. When I take the Security written, I get pounded from a million different directions in one test. Well, at least the secitions in the blue print. Since your going to face all the individual pieces in the lab and the written, you might as well take them one step at a time in the CCSP track.

Kenny
    Kenny

A+, Network+, Linux+, Security+, MCSE+I, MCSE:Security, MCDBA, CCNP, CCDP, CCSP, CCVP, CCIE Written (R/S, Voice),INFOSEC, JNCIA (M and FWV), JNCIS (M and FWV), ENA, C|EH, ACA, ACS, ACE, CTP, CISSP, SSCP, MCIWD, CIWSA
  • ubergeekubergeek Member Posts: 53 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Took my CCIE written last October and passed it on my first try though my score was not that very impressive, 70 is the passing rate.. ooooppsss NDA :D got only 8x, but preparing for my lab exam scheduled this coming September. I used CiscoPress books like (CCIE Security Exam Certification Guide (CCIE Self-Study), 2nd edition; CCIE Security Practice Labs (CCIE Self-Study); CCIE Practical Studies: Security (CCIE Self-study)) also iana.org was one of the sites that helped a lot for the RFC's on the exam. Also be ready for some theoretical practices for security (concepts and stuff). Basically it's CCSP rolled in one, though there is no simulations, all are theories and would determine your knowledge in security practices. Hope this helps! Good Luck!
    Thank you for calling Cisco Technical Assistance Center.. This is Edward how may I help you?