A broad Question.

1Ste1Ste Member Posts: 81 ■■□□□□□□□□
I know you can never stop learning or studying But what would be the best path to an IT job that pays an Average to above average Pay.

I know you probbaly heard this question millions of times, and there really is no single answer to it. I just want some Opinions.

I am limited to my college funds however this is my plan as it stands in words at the moment.

Get a Bachelors Degree In computer information Systems.
Get A+, Get network+, Get Server+, Get Security+, Get CCNA, Get CCNP, Get CCIE.

Get MSCA get MSCE.

I guess what Im really asking is what are the certs that have the broadest implications and or are likly needed most in the future.

Thanks

If anyone would like to contact me with comments or advice/tips

ICQ= 308720562
MSN= supergamtim@hotmail.com
AIM= OCCSte
Working for Network+, Server+, CCNA, Security+, CCNP, CCIE. MCSE.

Bachelors Degree in computer information Systems.

Wanna help?

Comments

• 1Ste1Ste Member Posts: 81 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Hello?

Wanna help?
  • janmikejanmike Member Posts: 3,076
    Hi 1Ste,

You seem to have ambition on your side. But, my opinion is that you should concentrate on the Bachelor degree and making really good grades while you do that. Then, while all of that is going on, get all of the experience that you can--get it now!

The degree and experience will get you the right job when you have the time to start concentrating on an area of specialty. Then, when you decide on, or are placed in a specific area of pursuit, you can be more concerned about certifications. The advanced certifications that get you noticed by the folks who do the hiring and/or placing take a lot of attention to prepare for. So, take first things first and then you will know what certs to go for.

Good luck!
    "It doesn't matter, it's in the past!"--Rafiki
    So the Bachelors Degree takes priority. Ok. Makes since.

Do you think the security area will grow alot?

What are the best Certs for network/security?

Wanna help?
  • Ricka182Ricka182 Member Posts: 3,359
    I agree. A bachelors degree goes a long way. I would then start with A+ followed by Network+, to give you the core basics of computers and networks. You then list both M$ certs, and Cisco certs. CCIE is far more advanced than MCSE. The security aspect of IT will never go away, especially with the latest craze over it. People want 100% uptime, completely secure systems, and they always will. Security+ would be a good follow up, and then you could look at CCNA. You should also be looking for a job, because you don't want to pile up certs, without relative experience. You'll be known as a paper-tech, and degree or not, employers will look over you mostly. There's also Cissp, which is not easy by any means, a high level security cert which requires actual experience before they let you take it. I could go on with all the different posibilities, but it really depends on where you want to go in IT.
    i remain, he who remains to be....
    aye, Ill be getting A+ before anything else.
    I always thought that security would stick around for awhile.

Ill have to look at some security certs.

Wanna help?