A few free vids (on YouTube now!)

Mrock4Mrock4 Banned Posts: 2,359 ■■■■■■■■□□
Hey guys. Posted a few vids to youtube. I'm working on the quality- they were too low of a resolution originally. That being said, HIGHLY recommend 720p. Anything less and it's not so great. Here's the links:

Basic RIP Troubleshooting: Basic RIP troubleshooting - YouTube (About 30 min)

Basic Layer 2 Troubleshooting/Configuration: Basic Layer 2 troubleshooting - YouTube (About 30 min)

802.1Q Native VLAN mismatch = leaked VLANs: Cisco switching: 802.1Q VLAN mismatch causes leaked VLANs? - YouTube (about 5-10 min)

Let me know what you guys think. I'm working on the quality and thinking about doing some actual scripted videos (and by 'scripted', I mean planned out better!!)...as in 'professional' looking ones that are organized a little better. We'll see.

Comments

• RoguetadhgRoguetadhg Member Posts: 2,489 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Ill take a look at these when I get home tonight.
    In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure.
    TE Threads: How to study for the CCENT/CCNA, Introduction to Cisco Exams

• Mrock4Mrock4 Banned Posts: 2,359 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Sounds good. Once I get the resolution sorted out they should be looking a lot better.
  • MAC_AddyMAC_Addy Member Posts: 1,740 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Subscribed! I'll be watching these later when I have some time. Thanks for taking the time and putting these up.
    2017 Certification Goals:
    CCNP R/S
    Thanks guys, hope you enjoy. I've got the resolution sorted out so it's a lot better now. Working on a RIPv1 class, then a RIPv2 one. I'm guessing in about a week I'll be ready to post up the RIPv1 class. Once the RIP vids are out of the way I'll probably take some requests, make a video on what everyone wants to see (or the majority at least).
  • KPLCKPLC Member Posts: 72 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Thanks for taking the time to put out some awesome resources!

Are you going to put mostly CCNA level videos up or are you going with the higher level stuff also? Not that it applies to me at the moment.

I think video examples of real world issues that you've run into as a network pro would be great. Stuff that the we wont see in the exams and such.
    KPLC wrote: »
    Thanks for taking the time to put out some awesome resources!

Are you going to put mostly CCNA level videos up or are you going with the higher level stuff also? Not that it applies to me at the moment.

I think video examples of real world issues that you've run into as a network pro would be great. Stuff that the we wont see in the exams and such.

Absolutely. The goal is to do as many videos as I can really. I love training, so it's been really fun already, and I've just started. I've always loved training others, but didn't know how the web-based training thing would go. If I turn out to have a knack for it, then that's awesome. I really don't know though...just winging it so far, trying to provide good material to help everyone. That's really the overall goal right now.
  • Excellent1Excellent1 Member Posts: 462 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Nice work on these videos. You should keep going with it and see if you continue to enjoy it. Not only will people very much appreciate the videos, but there's nothing like teaching to really solidify your own understanding of the topics. It's a win/win, if you continue to have the time and inclination to make them.
    We may have the next Jeremy Cioara or Chris Bryant on our forum! icon_cheers.gif
  • ciscoman2012ciscoman2012 Member Posts: 313
    Videos look great. If I could make a few requests on things that somewhat confuse me and I don't seem to see as many videos out there as compared to other topics.

STP- more specifically the difference between PVST and RSTP. Also talk about how root ports are formed and the distinction between designated, alternate, blocking, forwarding ports, etc.
    Especially the distinction of designated ports on non-root switches confuses me. I'd like if someone could talk about that in more detail.

Frame-Relay Maybe go through a few configurations of Frame-Relay depending on the topology being used

IPv6 it seems like alot of people skip over this topic and I feel that Cisco could ask a bunch of migration questions about IPv6 and I know I'd be shaky on the topic. Chris Bryant seems to go into a lot of detail with the migrating tactics while I don't even remember Jeremy mentioning them at all other than how to convert and shrink IPv6 addresses.
    Wow, glad you guys enjoy them! Being compared to Jeremy Ciora is not right though- that guy is an awesome trainer.

I'm calling an audible thanks to your input ciscoman2012- the next video will be a highlight on PVST/RSTP functionality. It'll just cover the mechanics between the two, with some slides listing important info, and a lot of practical examples to go with those slides.

I still have the RIPv1 material, but I think STP is a more lengthy topic, and source of much more confusion for many, so I'll go that route first (no pun intended).
    Mrock4 wrote: »
    Wow, glad you guys enjoy them! Being compared to Jeremy Ciora is not right though- that guy is an awesome trainer.

That, he is. He sets a high benchmark. But can only see one getting better the more they do it.