CCNA Course ?

djqbertdjqbert Member Posts: 13 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hey guys ! I wanted to ask if i really have to go to any course in order to pass in Cisco Exams. I have books, video tutorials and everything but just dont know if they all be able to help me to pass the exams ? Thanks !

Comments

• MAC_AddyMAC_Addy Member Posts: 1,740 ■■■■□□□□□□
    djqbert wrote: »
    Hey guys ! I wanted to ask if i really have to go to any course in order to pass in Cisco Exams. I have books, video tutorials and everything but just dont know if they all be able to help me to pass the exams ? Thanks !

What books and video tutorials do you have?

There's no 'cheating' with this exam, you have to learn the theory and the practical work on this certification. Don't cut corners, because it'll bite you in the butt one day.

By what you listed, you have plenty of material to pass the exam.
    2017 Certification Goals:
    CCNP R/S
  • SomnipotentSomnipotent Member Posts: 384
    djqbert wrote: »

It would help to know what books and videos you have in your possession. The real key is understanding the fundamentals and labbing to prove it out. Once you see the theory in practice it comes together quite nicely. Don't expect straight reading and watching CBTs to get you through the whole shebang, you'll need hands on playtime to get comfortable with it.
    Reading: Internetworking with TCP/IP: Principles, Protocols, and Architecture (D. Comer)
  • ChooseLifeChooseLife Member Posts: 941 ■■■■■■■□□□
    As others have said, it's not possession of study materials that makes one a CCNA, but understanding of concepts.

FWIW, I passed CCNA with a nearly perfect score after spending ~6 months evenings reading documentation on Cisco.com and practicing at the home lab extensively.
    “You don’t become great by trying to be great. You become great by wanting to do something, and then doing it so hard that you become great in the process.” (c) xkcd #896

GetCertified4Less
    - discounted vouchers for certs
  • fadhilfadhil Member Posts: 200
    cisco has levels in studying networking like introduction to networking and computer networking protocols and other levels.

it better to understand their levels and syllabus of each level.
  • djqbertdjqbert Member Posts: 13 ■□□□□□□□□□
    So I'll watch and read then apply the knowledge with hardwares i ll buy.
  • jsb515jsb515 Member Posts: 253
    i'm studying every chance I get and I actually learned quite a bit when I was buying hardware for my lab I put in my office at work. GNS 3 is great if you can find the images but nothing beats having the hardware and knowing what the material looks like in hand. Good luck in your studies don't rush take your time and learn it. Welcome to your new hobby and life lol icon_thumright.gif