Ready to take Core Hardware but....

Go BucksGo Bucks Member Posts: 152
I feel like I'm ready to take the Core Hardware, but I've been waiting for one of the near expiration vouchers to become available to save about 40 more dollars. When I first started studying for the A+ there was one around the first part of December for under $100 if I remember correctly, but I had just got my book and couldn't get prepared in time.

How often do these even further reduced vouchers become available? Is it only a two to three times a year thing or can I expect to see one some time in the next month or so?
"Me fail English? That's unpossible."

Comments

• PlantwizPlantwiz Mod Posts: 5,057 Mod
    Wish I could tell you.

I just take my exams when ready and skip the vouchers.

Try the link on the left-hand side it will offer at least some discount for A+, but if your ready, just take it. icon_wink.gif
    Plantwiz
    _____
    "Grammar and spelling aren't everything, but this is a forum, not a chat room. You have plenty of time to spell out the word "you", and look just a little bit smarter." by Phaideaux

***I'll add you can Capitalize the word 'I' to show a little respect for yourself too.

'i' before 'e' except after 'c'.... weird?
  • Go BucksGo Bucks Member Posts: 152
    I wish I had your money! :D I think I'll go ahead and start on the OS part and hopefully buy 2 vouchers when/if they come on sale. Although being A+ certified would sure help the job search.
  • Ricka182Ricka182 Member Posts: 3,359
    This expires in a few days......
    i remain, he who remains to be....
    Thanks for the heads up Ricka. That must have been put up this afternoon because I checked first thing this morning and only the Microsoft voucher was there. Now I'm tempted to try and cram the OS in 2 days. icon_eek.gif
    I would have at least a month or two for study time allotted. These offers are around often as you see, not there when you checked, and it was there a few hours later. Best bet is to keep woeking on it, and you feel confident with the objectives and expecte knowledge, then start looking for the discounted vouchers. They usually give a few days to take the exam. It's not a good deal if you fail.
    While I'm waiting on the transaction to be completed I had one more question. Can you take the test on the day that it expires?
  • PlantwizPlantwiz Mod Posts: 5,057 Mod
    Go Bucks wrote:
    While I'm waiting on the transaction to be completed I had one more question. Can you take the test on the day that it expires?

You may want to call, but if something expires 12/31/05 then you have through the business day of 12/31/05 to use it.

BTW- I don't have that kind of money, just that much confidence when I took my exams I was taking them 1 time and only 1 time ;)
    Plantwiz
    _____
    "Grammar and spelling aren't everything, but this is a forum, not a chat room. You have plenty of time to spell out the word "you", and look just a little bit smarter." by Phaideaux

***I'll add you can Capitalize the word 'I' to show a little respect for yourself too.

'i' before 'e' except after 'c'.... weird?
    As long as you can schedule the exam, you can take it. If you try to schedule on a day after the voucher expiry date, it will reject based upon expired voucher. The day of should be fine. If you have a problem, you can always call your appointment in and talk to a human.