Options

Anyone else dislike working with certificates?

phoeneousphoeneous Member Posts: 2,333 ■■■■■■■□□□
I love everything about this exam except for certificates. The only time I ever work with certificates is Exchange OWA. I never realized how much you can do with them. Gave me a few ideas for work actually. Anyway, back to studying. icon_study.gificon_cool.gif

[/end pseudo whine]

Comments

• Options
    paul78paul78 Member Posts: 3,016 ■■■■■■■■■■
    If you mean x509 certificates - that's a great technology solution which I sometimes wish more IT folks understand better.
  • Options
    higherhohigherho Member Posts: 882
    I used to dislike PKI but after digging around and getting used to things I really started to enjoy certificates. The only negative thing I have about them is the process of obtaining a certificate request. Although in Server 2008 this process is much easier but in 2003 its a pain in the neck sometimes.
  • Options
    phoeneousphoeneous Member Posts: 2,333 ■■■■■■■□□□
    higherho wrote: »
    I used to dislike PKI but after digging around and getting used to things I really started to enjoy certificates. The only negative thing I have about them is the process of obtaining a certificate request. Although in Server 2008 this process is much easier but in 2003 its a pain in the neck sometimes.

Yup, that's what I meant. It's just so cumbersome, time consuming, and prone to failure (either system or user) because so many variables are involved e.g. server role, group policy, iis, permissions, etc..