Still able to finish Mcsa/msce?

affleckcaffleckc Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
So with the recent changes to the certifications...am I correct that I will not be able to finish my MCSA with one test to go?

Comments

• DirtyWillyDirtyWilly Member Posts: 20 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Spoke to the Microsoft e-Learning department and they said as far as they know the MCSA/MCSE 2003 is unchanged. This is reflected by the information still available on the site for MCSA/MCSE 2003 sites.
  • lolermolerlolermoler Member Posts: 10 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Could someone please elaborate this issue? Every page that refers to MCSE on the Microsoft's official page redirects to the NEW MCSE Cloud. At first I was shocked because now I hear that one can still take the exams for the former MCSE program.

But could someone please list the Exam Numbers here? I can't seem to find it ANYWHERE.

Thank you & please correct me if I'm wrong, I have not taken a single exam for MCSE so I want to know if I can take the program.
  • cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
    @lolermoler

So wait, you want to go for MCSE 2003?
  • PsoasmanPsoasman Member Posts: 2,687 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Based on the recent Microsoft cert changes, the MCSE is probably going to be a dead end. That's a lot of exams to take.
  • pizzaboypizzaboy Member Posts: 244 ■■■□□□□□□□
    @lolermoler you would have to search for the individual exams, i.e. 70-293 etc. But like the others have said unless you are like 1 exam away or being forced to do it by management, it really does make any sense.
    God deserves my best
  • lolermolerlolermoler Member Posts: 10 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Well...let me explain then..lol

I topped my entry tests for the best Engineering university, but dropped out after like 3 years...though currently a professional .NET developer, I just couldn't be regular to college and...I, till date could not understand why I couldn't just be punctual in attending my classes/quizzes/exams...I'm also an e-sports celebrity...Maybe that's the reason I never felt like bothering much about what teachers/colleagues had to say about me..and lastly - I'm engaged.

So then WHY do I want to MCSE? Well, thats the funny part.

My wife to be, I can't tell her or my parents that I'm a drop out I mean its going to be a big shock for everyone. I can't tell my family and...Most of my family calls me an Engineer, Because of the things that I do...and the things I know..that I've learned..Practical things..things that are things no qualified engineer would even know! but eventually everyone has to have a certificate or something to prove it..& I know I can't have that, legally.

Cut to short, I feel guilty when people call me an engineer for my expertise, when the fact that I'm a drop out eats me alive..So why do I want to MCSE? because

I no longer want to feel guilty for calling myself or others calling me an engineer
    My girl has always been proud of me as an Engineer which i'm fkin NOT..
    Family Reputation - I don't want anyone telling me tomorrow that I'm a drop out and that I should not call myself an engineer, & I just want to be able to wave the MCSE wallet card with a ***** FACE, if you know what I mean.

So WHY MCSE when its gone/retired/over? Just for self-indulgence, to counter my guilty conscience. Now please don't say there is a lot of difference in Engineering and THIS MCSE Engineering..I don't give a *GULP* what the fact is, fact is I know I'm over-qualified! & I'm desperate for a piece of paper..But I know I can't feel better if I get an illegal one.....& so I ask again...Can anyone please tell me if I can still take this exam?
  • jon smithjon smith Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I too have a question that seems relevant to the original post.

I have one MCP 2000 certification. 5191-5150 -Installing, Configuring, and Administering Microsoft Windows 2000 Server.

I was thinking I'd like to complete my missing MCP's for at least an MCSA. Was not sure if it was still possible to take those exams. Is it possible? Should just forget about it, and start on an MCITP path?

Also, would you recommend I took the Net+ prior to starting on a new MCITP path? I have A+, the one MCP on win2k Server...

Thanks, and any advice would be much appreciated!
  • QordQord Member Posts: 632 ■■■■□□□□□□
    lolermoler wrote: »
    Can anyone please tell me if I can still take this exam?
    You realize this requires seven exams, not just one exam? I guess it's possible, I don't see that the exams have been retired yet, but I don't see them listed on Microsoft's certification site either. If you're going to do it, you've probably got a good month. Maybe more, maybe not.
    jon smith wrote: »
    Was not sure if it was still possible to take those exams. Is it possible? Should just forget about it, and start on an MCITP path?
    You're probably better off just going for the newer exams.
  • jyrki.arpiainenjyrki.arpiainen Member Posts: 32 ■■□□□□□□□□

I topped my entry tests for the best Engineering university, but dropped out after like 3 years...though currently a professional .NET developer, I just couldn't be regular to college and...I, till date could not understand why I couldn't just be punctual in attending my classes/quizzes/exams...I'm also an e-sports celebrity...Maybe that's the reason I never felt like bothering much about what teachers/colleagues had to say about me..and lastly - I'm engaged.

So then WHY do I want to MCSE? Well, thats the funny part.

My wife to be, I can't tell her or my parents that I'm a drop out I mean its going to be a big shock for everyone. I can't tell my family and...Most of my family calls me an Engineer, Because of the things that I do...and the things I know..that I've learned..Practical things..things that are things no qualified engineer would even know! but eventually everyone has to have a certificate or something to prove it..& I know I can't have that, legally.

Cut to short, I feel guilty when people call me an engineer for my expertise, when the fact that I'm a drop out eats me alive..So why do I want to MCSE? because

I no longer want to feel guilty for calling myself or others calling me an engineer
    My girl has always been proud of me as an Engineer which i'm fkin NOT..
    Family Reputation - I don't want anyone telling me tomorrow that I'm a drop out and that I should not call myself an engineer, & I just want to be able to wave the MCSE wallet card with a ***** FACE, if you know what I mean.

So WHY MCSE when its gone/retired/over? Just for self-indulgence, to counter my guilty conscience. Now please don't say there is a lot of difference in Engineering and THIS MCSE Engineering..I don't give a *GULP* what the fact is, fact is I know I'm over-qualified! & I'm desperate for a piece of paper..But I know I can't feel better if I get an illegal one.....& so I ask again...Can anyone please tell me if I can still take this exam?

Sorry,

this is not gonna be the answer you would like to get. Your explanations sounds just plain stupid. You have problems with your EGO. It's amusing actually. So you have let ppl. call you Engineer and now you want to do MCSE certification because of that?

Ridiculous stuff. Besides MCSE is not same as Engineer, it is just name of the certification.
    That's one of the reasons why they got rid of that name. In some countries it is not a good thing at all to call yourself as engineer if you are not, it's considered equal as pretending to be a doctor, priest or police.. .
    Engineer is level of official education system, not certification which has word Engineer on it.

Perhaps you were just trolling or something? :D

I'm not saying that MCSE certification is lower valued against those "real" engineers. It all depends job role in question. If normal aka. "real" engineer and MCSE are trying to get same Windows Administrator job and i would be the man who decides which one would be hired, i would take MCSE over "real engineer" anyday.
    If job role would require very different skill set compared to MCSE materials i'd choose Engineer over MCSE certified, of course.

If you really want to do all certifications that MCSE contains, and legally -you still should be prepared to spend few years with studying those.

Just say to your colleagues and family that they stop calling you engineer when you are not. It's easiest and quickest solution.

If you wanna get respect by studying certifications, then do so. But i bet that everybody recommends you to take newest MCITP ones instead of Srv2003 related MCSE.

Only reason to study old 2003 certifications now is -like someone already said here- that someone has just one exam missing from completing MCSA or MCSE packet.
    It would be absolutely mad to start several years long project to achieve whole MCSE certification. Yeah, it takes time if studying those materials for real.
    And in 70-297 (designing AD..) exam there is needed to know stuff from old NT4 domains as well. I bet that would eat you a lot to study ancient history to get MCSE completed. It had lots of merging /migrating /updating NT4 domains to 2003 domains, as well as WINS and so on...

I didn't like to study that older stuff at all when i already knew that all those Srv2008 and 2008R2 materials were waiting. I completed my MCSE on Server 2003 at june 2010.
  • jyrki.arpiainenjyrki.arpiainen Member Posts: 32 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Qord wrote: »
    You realize this requires seven exams, not just one exam? I guess it's possible, I don't see that the exams have been retired yet, but I don't see them listed on Microsoft's certification site either. If you're going to do it, you've probably got a good month. Maybe more, maybe not.
    You're probably better off just going for the newer exams.

Absolutely. If person has not yet passed even one MS-certification that is part of MCSE, it would be totally lunatic to start from the beginning, at 2012.
    I started from 70-270 in year 2006 and it took about five years to get MCSE completed. I studied with the hard and honest way, and it took several months to get each one exam passed.

But OK, i'm not native english speaker so reading all those books took a lot of time for me... i remember how i needed to use dictionary at the beginning! :P
    Qord wrote: »
    If you're going to do it, you've probably got a good month. Maybe more, maybe not.

I guess that if one who has spoken english all of his life and so has good reading speed and has lots of work experience from exactly those objectives that are gonna be tested (we all know that it never happen in real life) it would be possible to pass this exams much quicker than i did.
    What would be the fastest possible time? I don't know.
    Some how i believe that those guys who brag how they got near thousand points with just couple weeks study time are using ****.

But perhaps one month per each exam would be possible. Even then it would take 7 months to nail it down. And that time would be spent with hard, i mean HARD study time. Not possible to do it without causing trouble for normal daily life.
  • phoeneousphoeneous Member Posts: 2,333 ■■■■■■■□□□
    <snip>

I just wtf'd at this. Seriously? Be a man and tell people the truth, they'll respect you more for it.