Critique my resume

navdeep_mannnavdeep_mann Member Posts: 12 ■□□□□□□□□□
I have just graduated from Computer and Network Support Diploma and looking for network support or technical support job. I would really appreciate your any type of input about resume or adding a certification whatever.

[h=1]Navdeep Mann[/h] 00 xxy xxx
xxxx, xxx
xxx xxx
[h=2]Tel: (xxx) xxx 7202 / email: xxxx@hotmail.xx[/h]

[h=3]SUMMARY OF QUALIFICATIONS[/h]A New Graduate with a Computer and Network Support Technician Diploma and two years of continues work experience. Possess a sound background in TCP/IP, IP subnetting and TCP/IP protocols, IOS layers over the network. Excellence in maintaining and upgrading security systems such as firewalls, Intrusion detection, and Configuring and troubleshooting CISCO routers and switches. Experienced in working with VMware, Virtual Box and Virtual PC. Strong PC hardware assembly and troubleshooting skills, as well as computer network design, installation, and support abilities, including CISCO router implementation.

A highly-motivated, productive and customer-focused team player with strong communication, interpersonal, organizational, time management, analytical and problem solving skills. Reliable and dedicated with the ability to grasp and apply new procedures quickly; organize and prioritize tasks to meet deadlines and adapt readily to new challenges.
[h=3][/h]
[h=3]EDUCATION[/h]Xxxx college, xxxx, xxxx 2010 - 2012
Computer and Network Support Technician Diploma
  • Honours

[h=3]COMPUTER SKILLS[/h]
  • In depth knowledge of security systems for Linux/Windows OS like port blocking, firewalls and
    troubleshooting Unix/Linux, Mac, Windows Server 2003, 2008 and other Windows OS.
  • Popular software applications such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Access as well as Internet research and communication tools
  • VBA projects, HTML/CSS scripting, PHP and MySQL and database management using MySQL.
  • CISCO Routers and switches, RIP, EIGRP, OSPF, VLan’s, STP, SNMP, OSMP etc.

EMPLOYMENT EXPERIENCE
xxxx, xxxx, xxxxx July 2011 - Present
Front Desk Manager
  • Managed the customers related tasks such as giving room, taking cash, provide customers requirement as well as online bookings.
  • Supervised all staffs by assigning different works.
  • Ensure the property is well maintained and that all mechanical equipment is in good working order.
  • Dealt with customer complaints and comments.

xxxx Foods, xxxxxx, xxxxx Summer 2011
Student Laborer (summer)
  • Participated as part of a team shipping operations.
  • Managed inventory and order picking.
  • Trained for food safety and WHIMS.
References are Available Upon Request

Comments

• navdeep_mannnavdeep_mann Member Posts: 12 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Anyone please?
  • cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
    We like PDF/DOC files so we can comment on formatting. Couple of things:
    - Capitalization issues: It is not CISCO but Cisco. Why did you capitalize "Configuring"? It should be VLAN (all caps)
    - What are "IOS layers over the network"?
    - What's with the bold in the Summary of Qualifications? I find it highly annoying
    - The Front Desk Manager job appear as present but has past tense verbs
    - I am confused. Do you hold any certs right now? Are you trying to pursue some?

For the work experience try to add/edit stuff so you convey how your contribution made a difference and brought value to the employer.

Again, PDF or DOC would be better.