ICND1 down, time to study for ICND2

veritas_libertasveritas_libertas Member Posts: 5,746 ■■■■■■■■■■
Couldn't believe I passed. I was scared because I accidentally clicked next on a scenario icon_lol.gif That was all jitters. Other than that, I felt like I knew everything that was asked of me. I was much more worried than I should have been, but I will say that not being able to go back to a previous question is a little intimidating. Especially if you did something stupid like I did.

I got a 862 out of 1000. Not as good as I wanted, but a pass is a pass.

Advice to those preparing for the ICND1:

• Study subnetting daily, and don't be lazy with it. Networking and Subnetting go hand-in-hand and Cisco will not let you pass the exam with out knowing it. Once it clicks your mind keep studying anyway.
  • Use the Boson testing program, the wording is very similar and if you can pass one of those exams you can ace the ICND1.

Back to the books... icon_study.gif

Comments

• beach5563beach5563 Member Posts: 344 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Couldn't believe I passed, I was scared because I accidentally clicked next on a scenario icon_lol.gif That was all jitters. Other than that, I felt like I knew everything that was asked of me. I was much more worried than I should have been, but I will say that not being able to go back to a previous question is a little intimidating. Especially if you did something stupid like I did.

I got a 862 out of 1000. Not as good as I wanted, but a pass is a pass.

Advice to those preparing for the ICND1:
    • Study subnetting daily, and don't be lazy with it. Networking and Subnetting go hand-in-hand and Cisco will not let you pass the exam with out knowing it. Once it clicks your mind keep studying anyway.
    • Use the Boson testing program, the wording is very similar and if you can pass one of those exams you can ace the ICND1.
    Back to the books... icon_study.gif

Congrats, I know you've got to be releived. Which book did you use? Did you use the test and subnetting method that came with the book? I have the Todd Lammle book.
  • veritas_libertasveritas_libertas Member Posts: 5,746 ■■■■■■■■■■
    I used a combination of techniques. Todd Lammle does a great job of describing Subnetting thoroughly. I used what he taught and the technique in the Subnetting Made Easy thread.

I used the following material for reading:

• Todd Lammle's CCENT book
    • Wendell Odom's ICND1 book
    • Chris Bryant's CCNA material

Chris does a great job introducing the material and making it easy, Wendell is great at over loading you with material, and I think Todd's material is just right for studying.
  • maddemmaddem Member Posts: 117 ■■□□□□□□□□
  • KronesKrones Member Posts: 164
    Huzzzzzzah! Congrats! Did you write out a little chart or table before you started the test to help you or did you do the majority of the subnetting questions in your head?
    WGU - Security
    Current: Start date Sept 1. Remaining:
    CUV1, BOV1, CJV1, CVV1, KET1, KFT1, DFV1, TPV1, BNC1, RIT1, DHV1, CSV1, COV1, CQV1, CNV1, SBT1, RGT1 Completed:
    AXV1, CPV1, CTV1 Transferred: AGC1, BBC1, LAE1, QBT1, LUT1, GAC1/HHT1, QLT1, IWC1, IWT1, INC1, INT1, BVC1, CLC1, WFV1, DJV1
    Krones wrote: »
    Huzzzzzzah! Congrats! Did you write out a little chart or table before you started the test to help you or did you do the majority of the subnetting questions in your head?

In my head? Ah, no, definitely not! icon_lol.gif I only wish I was that good. I wrote down the following chart to help me:

That being said, if I had to I could think through the process without writing down the chart. It's just a whole lot quicker to have it written out a head of time.
  • ASUSTeKASUSTeK Member Posts: 148
    congrats on the pass! now its time to ace ICND 2
    The Begining Of Wisdom Is "I Don't Know".
    Anyone have any advice on how to approach the ICND2?
  • DeathgomperDeathgomper Member Posts: 356 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats!!! I knew you would pass! icon_wink.gif

I would approach the ICND2 the way you approached the ICND1, you obviously got something going.