Passed Security+ Exam!

TheCudderTheCudder Member Posts: 147 ■■■□□□□□□□
Excited, but I admit I panicked on a good bit of the questions (i actually thought I bombed it, LOL), but I passed with a 840/900! I used David L. Prowse's authorized Security+ Study Guide (2nd Edition - Deluxe Version w/ 2 practice exams) & also Darril's kindle practice test questions. There was quite a bit of material I expected to be on the exam that wasn't and quite a few things you really had to read once, read twice and then read again before answering. I even found myself having to use process of elimination a few times. As for the keyword technique, there were maybe 3 questions that seemed to try and fool you by adding in irrelevant keywords and information to the questions.
B.S. Information Technology Management | CompTIA A+ | CompTIA Security+ | Graduate Certificate in Information Assurance (In Progress)

Comments

• Carl_S_901Carl_S_901 Member Posts: 105
    TheCudder wrote: »
    Excited, but I admit I panicked on a good bit of the questions (i actually thought I bombed it, LOL), but I passed with a 840/900! I used David L. Prowse's authorized Security+ Study Guide (2nd Edition - Deluxe Version w/ 2 practice exams) & also Darril's kindle practice test questions. There was quite a bit of material I expected to be on the exam that wasn't and quite a few things you really had to read once, read twice and then read again before answering. I even found myself having to use process of elimination a few times. As for the keyword technique, there were maybe 3 questions that seemed to try and fool you by adding in irrelevant keywords and information to the questions.

Congrats on the pass.

My experience wasn't significantly different from yours. (i.e. was waiting for certain topics that never appeared, having to re-read a question several times to figure out exactly what they were asking)
    Carl S.

Check out my personal certification journey blog
    http://carlscertjourney.wordpress.com/
  • BokehBokeh Member Posts: 1,636 ■■■■■■■□□□
  • itsgonnahappenitsgonnahappen Member Posts: 95 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats on the pass!
  • MrkaliMrkali Member Posts: 105
    Congratulations. Nice job :)

What are your next goals?
  • TheCudderTheCudder Member Posts: 147 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Really want to do MCSA/MCITP, but I'm a bit intimidated by reading all the "failed 70-XXX" threads. Plus I really don't have any realy experience or than basic AD administration. I've read and labbed the first few 70-640 chapters and stopped and prep'ed for Security+ after realizing how much there was to cover
    B.S. Information Technology Management | CompTIA A+ | CompTIA Security+ | Graduate Certificate in Information Assurance (In Progress)
  • nismo14nismo14 Member Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I passed mine today too, 833/900!!!

I'm shooting for N+ now and will probably get CCNA right after. now sure how I want to build my certs list yet but since they just revamped MCSE, I might go for that after the CCNA
  • Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats on pass!! icon_thumright.gif
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
  • KragsterKragster Member Posts: 44 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats on the pass