Failed: ICND1

kaldroubykaldrouby Member Posts: 21 ■□□□□□□□□□
So i failed my ICND1 that i took couple hours ago.
my report shows the following
-Describe the operation of data networks 93%
- Implement a small switched netowork 70%
- Implement an IP addressing scheme and IP services to meet network req for a small branch office 40%
- implement a small routed network 67%
- Explain and select the appropriate administrative tasks required for a WLAN 0%
- Identify security threats to a network and describe general methods to mitigate those threats 100%
implement and verify WAN links 75%

i used the trancender test engine and tell you the truth the questions were way different that the actuall test.
i did a huge mistake by not fully reading a book and depend only on videos from cisco learning and k elements .

am disspointed of my self and tell you the truth i feel like a loser. but my plan is to re-study new set of material and attack the test again within couple weeks.

any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

icon_sad.gif

Comments

• hunterthuntert Banned Posts: 231
    do not feel like a loser just go back and study harder probably read a book i am reading one by todd lamly
  • razarrazar Member Posts: 65 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Judging by your results if you study the wireless and subnetting materials in more detail you should be able to pass next time. I'm sure other people would agree you need to know subnetting inside out and be able to work out subnets in your head pretty quickly.

Good luck, keep at it and you will get there. No need to feel like a loser, you win some you lose some!
  • fadhilfadhil Member Posts: 200
    kaldrouby wrote: »
    So i failed my ICND1 that i took couple hours ago.
    my report shows the following
    -Describe the operation of data networks 93%
    - Implement a small switched netowork 70%
    - Implement an IP addressing scheme and IP services to meet network req for a small branch office 40%
    - implement a small routed network 67%
    - Explain and select the appropriate administrative tasks required for a WLAN 0%
    - Identify security threats to a network and describe general methods to mitigate those threats 100%
    implement and verify WAN links 75%

i used the trancender test engine and tell you the truth the questions were way different that the actuall test.
    i did a huge mistake by not fully reading a book and depend only on videos from cisco learning and k elements .

am disspointed of my self and tell you the truth i feel like a loser. but my plan is to re-study new set of material and attack the test again within couple weeks.

any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

icon_sad.gif

don't feel bad, since you released your mistakes,correct/solve them then you will pass your exams but don't forget also to do as many practices as you can.
  • MAC_AddyMAC_Addy Member Posts: 1,740 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Just looks like you need to work on subnetting and wireless technologies. Everything else looks like you're right on the money.
    2017 Certification Goals:
    CCNP R/S
  • swildswild Member Posts: 828
    the Boson Ex-Sim Max practice exams are very similar to the actual test questions. I only had a couple of different types on my exam that wasn't covered in the Boson tests, but they were blended versions of 2 other types of questions so not a big deal. Boson is totally worth the price in not having to pay for the same exam twice.
  • steve2012steve2012 Member Posts: 93 ■■□□□□□□□□
    [QUOTE= am disspointed of my self and tell you the truth i feel like a loser [/QUOTE]

You are NOT a loser!

You are a person who has decided to learn a new technology, that is very difficult to learn. You then stepped up to the plate, put your money down, and gave it your best shot in an attempt to be recognized as an IT professional who has mastered a particular technology. That in itself, smells like Winner to me.....BIGTIME!

Don't give up, ask questions, (the people in here are great), and you will surely get there!

Steve
  • kaldroubykaldrouby Member Posts: 21 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thanks guys, i notice that i was studying using incorrect material . i just bought CBT vid's and the oddom book. will go over it again and go back and test in couple weeks.
  • MAC_AddyMAC_Addy Member Posts: 1,740 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Sounds like a good plan. Your results on your other topics are pretty high in percentage. What was your score, if you don't mind me asking?
    2017 Certification Goals:
    CCNP R/S
  • kaldroubykaldrouby Member Posts: 21 ■□□□□□□□□□
    MAC_Addy wrote: »
    Sounds like a good plan. Your results on your other topics are pretty high in percentage. What was your score, if you don't mind me asking?
    Scored 876 :)
  • steve2012steve2012 Member Posts: 93 ■■□□□□□□□□
    kaldrouby wrote: »
    Scored 876 :)

umm.....thats a passing score. I thought you failed?
  • bermovickbermovick Member Posts: 1,135 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I'm agreeing with the others.

Is what killed ya, I think, cause that sounds like subnetting, and subnetting is big BIG BIG. Review the materials, make sure you've got subnetting down pat, and head back in for round 2.

I gotta admit, I think the ICND1 was probably one of the toughest exams - although that was probably more a combination of nerves, the material being totally new, and inexperience with how cisco's exams work.
    Latest Completed: CISSP

Current goal: Dunno
  • cmitchell_00cmitchell_00 Member Posts: 250 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Keep pushing you'll get it next time.