My first IT job interview

GOZCUGOZCU Member Posts: 234
hello guys, I will have my first interview f2f on next monday. I am excited of course :) This will be my first interview.
Job title is : System Administration (Routing)

So as far as i know, i will be assisting to the system admin and also will deal with networking. I am CCNA however i also know that they use Zyxel products (Zyxel ZyWall USG 50). Anyone has an experience with this product ? Any issues and specific suggestions ?

P.S. I had a job experience in a different field. IT is totally new to me...

Comments

• andy4techandy4tech Member Posts: 138
    Do they require you to have experience on this product,just google the product and read about it,let them know you have not work with the product before.
  • zipolinizipolini Member Posts: 18 ■□□□□□□□□□
    lucky you :)
    it seems to be impossible to find any IT job without at least 2-3 years of experience or BS degree in computer science here in poland. i'm trying to switch to IT myself with no luck, no one knows CompTIA certs here, so hopefully when i pass my CCNA in about month, it's gonna be easier to find any IT job :)
    good luck with your interview :)
  • GOZCUGOZCU Member Posts: 234
    zipolini wrote: »
    lucky you :)
    it seems to be impossible to find any IT job without at least 2-3 years of experience or BS degree in computing sciences here in poland. i'm trying to switch to IT myself with no luck, no one knows CompTIA certs here, so hopefully when i pass my CCNA in about month, it's gonna be easier to find any IT job :)
    good luck with your interview :))

Actually IT market is very eligible to find a job right now. A lot of companies are looking for people. But, yes you are right without a "gained Bsc", it is almost impossible. I am lucky, but who knows. I may fail at the interview :)

andy4tech wrote: »
    Do they require you to have experience on this product,just google the product and read about it,let them know you have not work with the product before.

No, they know that I am studying Computer Science right now. In other words, I am a student. I have checked and still reading the CLI reference ebook for this product. It is almost a fork of the Cisco CLI (in my opinion). But real experience always differs from the documentation. I do wonder the certain issues about this router and how the network admin deals with them.
  • N2ITN2IT Inactive Imported Users Posts: 7,483 ■■■■■■■■■■
    GOZCU

Good luck, hope you do well on the interview and get the job!