Ccna passed!!

steelymattsteelymatt Member Posts: 12 ■■■□□□□□□□
I just passed the CCNA exam with a score of 920. I started out nerves but then calm myself down after a few minutes and pasted myself.

Things I used for studying:
1. CBT Nuggets
2. Train Signal
3. Lammle's CCNA book (7th Edition)
4. Odom's books (3rd Edition)

Comments

• jsb515jsb515 Member Posts: 253
    awesome!!! how long did you study?
  • KeanoknickKeanoknick Member Posts: 24 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congrats! Did you do the single test or the two? I just passed yesterday too!
  • steelymattsteelymatt Member Posts: 12 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Thanks! I studied for about four months and took the single test. Also, congrats Keanoknick on passing!
  • 4_lom4_lom Member Posts: 485
    Congrats!! icon_cheers.gificon_thumright.gif
    Goals for 2018: MCSA: Cloud Platform, AWS Solutions Architect, MCSA : Server 2016, MCSE: Messaging

• maddemmaddem Member Posts: 117 ■■□□□□□□□□
  • SharkDiverSharkDiver Member Posts: 844
    Congratulations.
    What is next?
  • whatthehellwhatthehell Member Posts: 920
    Congratz on the pass!
    2017 Goals:
    [ ] Security + [ ] 74-409 [ ] CEH
    Future Goals:
    TBD
    I'm going to start looking for a job and thinking to start studying for CCNP soon.
  • yamaj615yamaj615 Member Posts: 29 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congrats!!! Welcome to the CCNA class of 2012. We are an elite group!!!
  • Prasad SatavPrasad Satav Member Posts: 42 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats buddy...!!
    Considering your preparations.... Im on the same path as you are
    can you please tell me how did you practice your configuration commands??
    please direct me to some network simulator... ive tried GNS3 but found it a bit complex.

Thanks and regards :)
  • cmitchell_00cmitchell_00 Member Posts: 250 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats on the pass. Do you work on Cisco gear now? I wish you the best on the CCNP venture too.
  • JeanMJeanM Member Posts: 1,117
    Congrats buddy...!!
    please direct me to some network simulator... ive tried GNS3 but found it a bit complex.

Try Packet Tracer or purchase a cheap 2500 series router and 29xx series switch on ebay :)
    2015 goals - ccna voice / vmware vcp.
  • SomnipotentSomnipotent Member Posts: 384
    Congrats buddy...!!

GNS3 is pretty straightforward... there's plenty of YouTube videos out there to show you how to get it up and running. I've done it so many times with peers I can do it in my sleep now. GNS3 pretty much made the ROUTE exam a piece of cake.
    Reading: Internetworking with TCP/IP: Principles, Protocols, and Architecture (D. Comer)
  • Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats on pass!! icon_thumright.gif
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
  • alliasneoalliasneo Member Posts: 186
    I've tried GNS3 but find it a bit annoying. The console interface seems to keep crashing on me so I can't get in to configure anything. I'm running windows 7 and have everything set up via youtube vids etc but dynamips just doesn't seem to run very well... I might try and install it on my mac maybe and see if that's any better.

I also passed the CCNA two weeks ago and I've just bought Chris Bryant's CCNP Switch dvd so I'm gonna make a start on that this week and look for a networking job.
  • FLEOHBFLEOHB Member Posts: 33 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Huge congratz on the pass. Why did you decide on just the single test route not the two test route?
    Congrats on passing alliasneo! I took the single test route because I like a challenge and to knock it out at once. For practicing I used my home lab.

Equipment:
    1x 2509
    3x 2950
    3x 2620XM
    1x 2620
  • yamaj615yamaj615 Member Posts: 29 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hey Alliasneo, I had the same issue regarding GNS3 and this is how I resolved it.

Preferences --> General --> Terminal Settings --> From Drop Down list Select - Putty (Windows, included with GNS3) --> Click the use button --> Apply --> OK

You should now be able to access the terminal without problems. Please let me know if this resolved your issue.
  • GOZCUGOZCU Member Posts: 234
    alliasneo wrote: »
    I've tried GNS3 but find it a bit annoying. The console interface seems to keep crashing on me so I can't get in to configure anything. I'm running windows 7 and have everything set up via youtube vids etc but dynamips just doesn't seem to run very well... I might try and install it on my mac maybe and see if that's any better.

I also passed the CCNA two weeks ago and I've just bought Chris Bryant's CCNP Switch dvd so I'm gonna make a start on that this week and look for a networking job.

try to play with IDLE PC value .... it was keeping crashing until i found the good value for it.... ALso try a different router rather than 2600 series. there is a common error with its' IOS image.( at least worked for me)
    Thanks Yamaj...!! things are better now :)
    GNS3 is pretty straightforward... there's plenty of YouTube videos out there to show you how to get it up and running. I've done it so many times with peers I can do it in my sleep now. GNS3 pretty much made the ROUTE exam a piece of cake.

Ill try and keep up sir :)
  • jkongbonmejkongbonme Member Posts: 17 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congratulations! What's next?
  • lkt143lkt143 Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hi guys,
    I am planning to give my CCNA exam by next month. I do have 2nd edition.

But really appreciate if someone can share "Odom's books (3rd Edition)"
  • krjaykrjay Member Posts: 290
    lkt143 wrote: »
    But really appreciate if someone can share "Odom's books (3rd Edition)"

Sigh... Amazon.com: Online Shopping for Electronics, Apparel, Computers, Books, DVDs & more
    2014 Certification Goals: 70-410 [ ] CCNA:S [ ] Linux+ [ ]