Options

SKO-002 passed

lanehlaneh Member Posts: 61 ■■□□□□□□□□
I passed my Server+ last night! Scored 732 out of 800, thanks to (finally) finding some reference/study materials, and to the people on this forum for the hints and advice. :D

Maybe it was my "luck on the draw", but the selection of questions on my test mainly dealt with configs, troubleshooting, environment, etc. There were quite a few SAN/NAS questions, disaster recovery/planning, and backup procedures. I only had ONE question about cable lengths (for Ultra320), and absolutely nothing about legacy SCSI connectors. SAS was thrown in, as well as knowledge about fibre fabric and iSCSI.

IMHO, the test was fairly well written, and, although vague a couple of times, not too hard to get through.

The study materials I used were:
1) ExamCram 2, SKO-002
2) old SKO-001 study guides
3) a lot of internet searching about the new objectives (from Comptia.org)
4) if you're lucky enough to have this resource, HANDS ON experience.

ONWARD THROUGH THE FOG! icon_cool.gif
Famous last words of a redneck - "Hey ya'll, watch this!"

Comments

• Options
    WebmasterWebmaster Admin Posts: 10,292 Admin
  • Options
    Ricka182Ricka182 Member Posts: 3,359
    congrats!
    i remain, he who remains to be....
  • Options
    janmikejanmike Member Posts: 3,076
    Congratulations!
    "It doesn't matter, it's in the past!"--Rafiki
  • Options
    evanderburgevanderburg Member Posts: 229 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congratulations. Thanks for the info on your study materials.
    "You can never know everything and part of what you know is always wrong. Perhaps even the most important part. A portion of wisdom lies in knowing that. A portion of courage lies in going on anyway. " - Lan, Winter's Heart by Robert Jordan
  • Options
    RussSRussS Member Posts: 2,068 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats - good stuff on the pass :)
    www.supercross.com
    FIM website of the year 2007
  • Options
    Gabe7055Gabe7055 Member Posts: 158
    Congrats on the pass I be thinking of taking this test so it's always good to hear from the FEW that have actually sit this one.
  • Options
    ghettojatt81ghettojatt81 Member Posts: 7 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I am planning to take this exam. Which is the book to study form. I am also using transenders, **** and other study guides to study. Will they be helpful.

Thankx