CCP Supported Hardware

controlcontrol Member Posts: 309
Hi All,

With SDM being replaced bY CCP I was looking at the supported hardware - found near the bottom of this page.

Cisco Configuration Professional for Cisco Access Routers  [Cisco Configuration Professional] - Cisco Systems

I don't see the 2600s listed there but I was able to download CCP to my laptop and use it to manage my router. Is the list on the cisco site a definitive list or am I missing something here?

Comments

• Forsaken_GAForsaken_GA Member Posts: 4,024
    Well, all it's doing is managing IOS, and that's largely platform agnostic. As long as you can run an IOS version that's compatible with it, you should be ok.

As far as why 2600's wouldn't be listed there, I'm guessing it's because they've been end-of-life for while now. They stopped production of them 5 years ago, and TAC support ended in March of this year. If I was running a business, I sure as hell wouldn't list platforms I no longer sold or supported as supported for my shiny new management tool hehe
  • controlcontrol Member Posts: 309
    Well, all it's doing is managing IOS, and that's largely platform agnostic. As long as you can run an IOS version that's compatible with it, you should be ok.

As far as why 2600's wouldn't be listed there, I'm guessing it's because they've been end-of-life for while now. They stopped production of them 5 years ago, and TAC support ended in March of this year. If I was running a business, I sure as hell wouldn't list platforms I no longer sold or supported as supported for my shiny new management tool hehe

Duh! I didn't even look at it like that, you're totally right! That's why the 1700s are also not listed! Common Sense right out the window there.
    Thanks!