CISSP Exam - San Diego, April 22nd

timber1timber1 Registered Users Posts: 7 ■□□□□□□□□□
I took the exam on April 22nd in San Diego at the end of a six-day boot camp. Our instructor predicted that we would receive our results in 1-2 weeks, but it seems to be taking around 4 weeks for most people based on what I've read elsewhere.

Prior to the boot camp, I read the Syngress study guide by Eric Conrad several times, the latest CISSP for Dummies book, and about half of Shon Harris' AIO study guide. In addition, I summarized much of the information in notes. I also took a number of the cccure practice exams.

I completed the exam in 4 hours and 45 minutes. It was a tiring process and I was quite frustrated with the difficulty of a minority of the questions. I have thirty years of IT experience in software development, network administration, systems administration, and project management. I felt that my background, preparatory reading and question taking provided decent preparation for the exam. The excellent boot camp certainly boosted whatever score I will receive.

Just call me,

Waiting for exam results

Comments

• MichaelR69MichaelR69 Member Posts: 8 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Took mine April 21st in Chicago. Also still waiting for results :)
  • dmoore44dmoore44 Member Posts: 646
    This doesn't inspire a whole lot of confidence... I took the exam on 31 MARCH - and I'll hit week number 5 on Saturday...
    Graduated Carnegie Mellon University MSIT: Information Security & Assurance Currently Reading Books on TensorFlow
    Why? We haven't even been waiting 2 weeks yet.
  • timber1timber1 Registered Users Posts: 7 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hello all, I just receive a survey request from ISC[2] regarding my 4/22 exam. Naturally, I completed the survey. I had nothing but high praise for the exam supervisor and other proctors. With any luck at all, I should have "just" another three weeks of exam results suspense...
    Any results yet? I still haven't gotten mine. I didn't get a survey either.
    Nope, nary a word. I've heard the surveys are just sent randomly to some of the test takers.

I, too, am still anxiously awaiting the results. I did a little CISSP exam announcement results research yesterday. Though the population sample wasn't very large, I found that during the first few months of 2012, most CISSP exam results were released on Mondays and Thursdays. In recent months, it has been Tuesdays and Fridays. The bulk of the releases are 4-5 weeks after taking the exam, with occasional reports that are either earlier or later. There even seems to be occasional results e-mailed on other days, including weekends. (Of course, it's difficult to know from which time zone the report hails.)

If those tendencies hold true for me (and presumably you, too), then either Friday or perhaps the following Tuesday should be the fateful day. I sure wish ISC2 was more forthcoming with exam results announcement information.

Good luck on your results!
  • goodluck112goodluck112 Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    timber1 wrote: »
    Nope, nary a word. I've heard the surveys are just sent randomly to some of the test takers.

I, too, am still anxiously awaiting the results. I did a little CISSP exam announcement results research yesterday. Though the population sample wasn't very large, I found that during the first few months of 2012, most CISSP exam results were released on Mondays and Thursdays. In recent months, it has been Tuesdays and Fridays. The bulk of the releases are 4-5 weeks after taking the exam, with occasional reports that are either earlier or later. There even seems to be occasional results e-mailed on other days, including weekends. (Of course, it's difficult to know from which time zone the report hails.)

If those tendencies hold true for me (and presumably you, too), then either Friday or perhaps the following Tuesday should be the fateful day. I sure wish ISC2 was more forthcoming with exam results announcement information.

Good luck on your results!

I also got the survey email on May 4th no word since did the exam in edison, nj April 21st. Do you guys also get random training emails for cissp exam. the wait is a killer.
    I received the great news from ISC2 at 1041 EDT!!!
  • spicy ahispicy ahi Member Posts: 413 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats timber1! I received my results about an hour before you did. A little early for me, but I don't mind for this particular bit of news. icon_wink.gif
    Spicy :cool: Mentor the future! Be a CyberPatriot!
  • IristheangelIristheangel Mod Posts: 4,133 Mod
    Congratulations to the both of you! Still waiting for my results from 5/5/12. Hopefully it's good news as well!
    BS, MS, and CCIE #50931
    Blog: www.network-node.com
    timber1 wrote: »
    I received the great news from ISC2 at 1041 EDT!!!

Congrats!! I got my results today and I also passed!!!!! :)
  • spicy ahispicy ahi Member Posts: 413 ■■□□□□□□□□
    @MichaelR69 - congrats to you too!
    Congratulations to the both of you! Still waiting for my results from 5/5/12. Hopefully it's good news as well!

I'm sure you did fine Iris. Hopefully they don't drag it out for you like they did me (two days before the six week mark)
    Spicy :cool: Mentor the future! Be a CyberPatriot!
    spicy ahi wrote: »
    @MichaelR69 - congrats to you too!

Congrats to you as well! You didn't specifically say, but I assume you passed.
  • Ricky5chsRicky5chs Member Posts: 26 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congrats guys on the pass! I'm still waiting for my results from 5/6/12.
  • omegas414omegas414 Member Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congratulations, man...
    I did mine on 04/28/2012 back in Little Rock, AK and I am still waiting for the result, I emailed ISC2 and got reply back and I was advised to be patient, ok...
    omegas414 wrote: »
    Congratulations, man...
    I did mine on 04/28/2012 back in Little Rock, AK and I am still waiting for the result, I emailed ISC2 and got reply back and I was advised to be patient, ok...

Well, based on the 4/21-22 results, you should be next week. Good luck!
    Thanks very much. It was a VERY welcome email. Congratulations to Spicy Ahi & MichaelR69! Good luck to everyone else.

Timber1