Sec+ Success

kfreekfree Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
I passed today with an 853/900! It feels good to have learned something new; it has been a while.

Thanks to all of the helpful members here who answer questions. Special Thanks to Mr Gibson and Mr Messer for the wealth of information they have made available to the community. I could not have done it without them.

Comments

• MrkaliMrkali Member Posts: 105
    Congratulations on the pass. Well done!

How would you describe your study habits?
  • kfreekfree Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Mrkali wrote: »
    Congratulations on the pass. Well done!

How would you describe your study habits?

Sure, though I'm not sure I have any secrets:

- I read through the Get Certified Get Ahead book. I got the Kindle version. I reviewed the assessment questions at the beginning but did not check the answers since i wanted to get a hold of the scope of the material. I took the sample questions at the end of each chapter and when I finished the book I took the assessment test for real, then the sample test. I also took Mr Gibson's advice and set a target date (though I took an extra week or so).

- About 1.5 weeks ago, I get my voucher, set a date, and took off of work. All of the details out the way.

- The last week was a combination of the Android flashcard app, ProfessorMesser videos on Youtube, the glossary in the book, and taking the CompTia Sec+ sample test (from their website). I would say to take the CompTia questions as soon as possible. They don't give you answers and you'll want time to research. I'd actually recommend against getting scored without time to review and take the sample test again.

- No studying the night before or the day of the test.
  • Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats on pass!! icon_thumright.gif
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
  • DarrilDarril Member Posts: 1,588
    Congratulations on the pass. Glad to hear the study guide and the Android app helped. Good luck on your next adventure.
  • whatthehellwhatthehell Member Posts: 920
    Congratz on the pass!
    2017 Goals:
    [ ] Security + [ ] 74-409 [ ] CEH
    Future Goals:
    TBD
  • babarricusbabarricus Member Posts: 27 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congrats, great score!
  • quinnyflyquinnyfly Member Posts: 243 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats, very good score, the Sec+ is a great way to get a taste of Infosec, there are a few avenues avialable in this field, and much like any other, it is forever changing and evolving, perhaps quicker than any other area of IT. It seems security is chasing ones tail and doing your best to mitigate risk and not always with the expectation of 100% success. But it is an exciting and diverse field, and this is perhaps what binds us security junkies to it!!
    The Wings of Technology