Question about Limiting Internal DN Dialing

flipmadflipmad Member Posts: 184
I have been looking at several options about restricting internal dialing for a site to only a specific DN prefix. Here is my dilemma.

All of the internal DN's are in the same Partition. So lets say I have 1xxxx-8xxxx DN's in this partition and I want to limit specific phones to only be able to dial 4xxxx DN's. Initially I was thinking about placing all of the 4xxxx DN's into their own Partition and only allowing this partition to the restricted phones CSS. However, for the rest of the DN's to contact 4xxxx, I would then have to add this Parition to the numberous CSS's already established.

I started looking at Route Filters (Office Codes) and applying it to a Route pattern that would only allow 4xxxx DN's. However, accomplishing what I am trying to with this option I cannot yet wrap my head around. Does anyone have any suggestions? I am labbing it up right now and still running into issues.

Comments

• shodownshodown Member Posts: 2,271
    Partitions are your friends. I put all my Unity and some other CTI apps into different partitons to keep people from reaching them for the same purpose.
    Currently Reading

CUCM SRND 9x/10, UCCX SRND 10x, QOS SRND, SIP Trunking Guide, anything contact center related
  • KelkinKelkin Member Posts: 261 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Well if you want to get creative.. :) Create a translation patterns that blocks.. [0-3]XXXX and [5-9]XXXX put this in a special partition.. create a new CSS and put the new parition in it and the existing one in it. and just apply the new CSS to the restricted phones.
  • shodownshodown Member Posts: 2,271
    One thing I forgot to ask you is what is the problem you have. I know you want to block certain numbers, but I can prob provide a better answer if you tell me the who what when were why's of your problem.
    Currently Reading

CUCM SRND 9x/10, UCCX SRND 10x, QOS SRND, SIP Trunking Guide, anything contact center related