Options

Passed Security+ Today!

LupusTheThirdLupusTheThird Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
Passed today on my first try!

Just want to say THANK YOU to Darril, your book really helped out and I will definitely be purchasing your SSCP book later! :D

I got an 825, after about 30 days of study using solely Darril's book and some free practice questions I found here and there. My test was particularly annoying, too. I was weak in Encryption so I spent a lot of the last few days really focusing on that. However my exam ended up being really heavy on EAP and LEAP which I honestly didn't know much about. The wording of the questions was also a little more difficult than I thought it would be. Some of them just don't give you enough information and I ended up having to analyze the question itself to try and find out what exactly they mean.

Anyways, all in all, it was a good experience and I feel myself really enjoying this area of study.

Comments

• Options
    DarrilDarril Member Posts: 1,588
    Congratulations on the pass and glad to hear the book helped. You never know what questions you'll get.

Good luck on the SSCP.
  • Options
    whatthehellwhatthehell Member Posts: 920
    Congratz on the pass! One of these days I will take and pass this exam!!
    2017 Goals:
    [ ] Security + [ ] 74-409 [ ] CEH
    Future Goals:
    TBD
  • Options
    itsgonnahappenitsgonnahappen Member Posts: 95 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats on the pass!
  • Options
    the_hutchthe_hutch Banned Posts: 827
    I was weak in Encryption so I spent a lot of the last few days really focusing on that.

Awesome man...congratulations. You now have the two most valuable CompTIA certifications. Back when I got my Sec+ in 2009, encryption was a tough area for me. Now its my favorite area (so much so that I actually considered getting a second bachelors in mathematics). Stick with it...at some point, it just clicks. I think SSCP is a great next step. Good luck.
  • Options
    foofightersfoofighters Member Posts: 42 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congratulations! I'm planning on studying for this exam very soon. I just wish that when I pass, I wouldn't have to renew it every 3 years. Wish I had written it back when you didn't have to renew.
  • Options
    Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats on pass!! icon_thumright.gif
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63