Passed the test today (820/900)

mvastarellimvastarelli Member Posts: 65 ■■□□□□□□□□
I finally worked up the courage to take the test today and it was a smashing success; apart from the mental breakdown waiting for the computer to tell me whether I passed/failed.

My choice of study material was fairly standard. I used the syngress book, along with the exam cram 2, and read the tech notes on this site several times.

Now that I have my A+, Network+, and Security+, I think I'm going to move away from the CompTIA certs and start focusing on something more vendor specific. On the one hand I do a lot of PC repair so MCDST is very appealing (at least in the short term). On the other hand I love database work so MCDBA is also very appealing. However, I know DBA requires a broad understanding of system administration, so I'm floating the idea of ultimately swinging for MCSE/MCSA.

Summary of post: Yay I passed, now what?
CompTIA Tests: 220-301, 220-302, N10-003, SY0-101
Microsoft Tests: 70-270, 70-271, 70-272, 70-536, 70-526, 70-502

Comments

• jkstechjkstech Member Posts: 330
    nice, that's a good score
    get back to studying!!!
  • RussSRussS Member Posts: 2,068 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats dude icon_thumright.gif
    www.supercross.com
    FIM website of the year 2007
  • Ricka182Ricka182 Member Posts: 3,359
    congrats!
    i remain, he who remains to be....
  • jescabjescab Inactive Imported Users Posts: 1,321
    CONGRATZ dude
    GO STEELERS GO - STEELERS RULE
  • jacev1jacev1 Member Posts: 107
    On the one hand I do a lot of PC repair so MCDST is very appealing (at least in the short term). On the other hand I love database work so MCDBA is also very appealing. However, I know DBA requires a broad understanding of system administration, so I'm floating the idea of ultimately swinging for MCSE/MCSA.

Summary of post: Yay I passed, now what?

1st - Congrats on your pass!

2nd - If you're doing tech work, then MCDST will be a good next step. They are not too hard to pass if you already have exp. working with WinXP. It requires 2 M$ exams, but you can use it as an elective for your MCSA (if that's what you want to do). That way you don't have to submit your CompTIA certs to M$. icon_rolleyes.gif

Anyway, Congrats again & good luck!
    Wars not make one great. Coffee makes one Great!
    - Master Yoda
  • janmikejanmike Member Posts: 3,076
    Congrats!
    "It doesn't matter, it's in the past!"--Rafiki
  • stndrd_123stndrd_123 Member Posts: 113
  • rcooprcoop Member Posts: 183
    Excellent score! Best of luck!

Good luck with MCDST, MCDBA, MCSA/MCSE, or whatever your pursuits take you next.

Take Care,
    RCoop
    Working on MCTS:SQL Server 2005 (70-431) & Server+