Best CCNP Training School

ITtech2010ITtech2010 Member Posts: 92 ■■■□□□□□□□
Hi All,

My company wants to send me to CCNP classes this yr.

What school do you recommend that would not only help me pass the test but further my knowledge? I feel if i had a week to go through a class I would get a lot better. I just want to make sure i pick the right school that's going to be more hands on. Not just about passing the test.

I know that there's new horizons but I am not sure if that's a good choice or if there are better ones. I want to try to get training on the CCNP topics and maybe Firewall this yr.

Thanks for your help.

Comments

• SlowhandSlowhand Mod Posts: 5,161 Mod
    Depending on where you're located, you might just find CCNP classes at your local community college or nearby state university, which would probably be far more affordable than taking classes from a private, for-profit school like New Horizons or DeVry. You're probably going to want a bit more than a week of classroom-training, if you're spending the effort and cash to go; those pro-level Cisco exams are pretty tough and cover a LOT of material.

Free Microsoft Training: Microsoft Learn
    Free PowerShell Resources: Top PowerShell Blogs
    Free DevOps/Azure Resources: Visual Studio Dev Essentials

Let it never be said that I didn't do the very least I could do.
  • kmcintosh78kmcintosh78 Member Posts: 195
    Expert-Level CCIE Instructor-Led and Mobile Training Solutions

This company is run by Scott Morris, the only person to hold 4 CCIEs. He is assisted by Keith Barker, dual CCIE holder and actually wrote the IDS manual for Cisco.

I have worked with both of these guys. They are top notch. I will also be using their Off site class for CCNP Switch and TShoot. And will use them for CCIE in a year or so.
    What I am working on
    CCNP Route (Currently) 80% done
    CCNP Switch (Next Year)
    CCNP TShoot (Next Year)
  • CopperRiverTrainingCopperRiverTraining Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thank you for your recommendation! I work with Scott and Keith and administer the classes you are referring to. Glad to hear our reputation for providing quality training precedes us!

-Angela, Marketing for Copper River IT
  • ITtech2010ITtech2010 Member Posts: 92 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Thanks for the recommendation. I will check them out right now.

I am located in NYC. Do they have instructor led classes their?

If not the other recommendation I received from a friend in networking is Global Knowledge.
  • kmcintosh78kmcintosh78 Member Posts: 195
    ITtech2010 wrote: »
    Thanks for the recommendation. I will check them out right now.

I am located in NYC. Do they have instructor led classes their?

If not the other recommendation I received from a friend in networking is Global Knowledge.

Look at their On demand training. I believe that they are working on the CCNP portion, and may be ready at the end of the year.
    Keith has a Youtube channel, Keith6783.
    These 2 guys are pillars in the Industry.
    What I am working on
    CCNP Route (Currently) 80% done
    CCNP Switch (Next Year)
    CCNP TShoot (Next Year)