Options

prometric or vue

rowelldrowelld Member Posts: 176
what is the difference?
Visit my blog: http://www.packet6.com - I'm on the CWNE journey!

Comments

• Options
    vexvex Member Posts: 113
    I would say the difference is the company getting paid to administer your test. I have been to both. Same price at either center.

Someone correct me if I am wrong

Cheers
    Ancient Certs:
    Exam 70-064: Implementing and Supporting Microsoft Windows® 95
    Exam 70-067: Implementing and Supporting Microsoft Windows NT Server 4.0
  • Options
    Ricka182Ricka182 Member Posts: 3,359
    There is no difference. Two different companies providing the same service. I would reccomend if you can, to stick with one unless you have a problem. Less confusion with test centers Ids, etc....
    i remain, he who remains to be....
  • Options
    TeKniquesTeKniques Member Posts: 1,262 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Ricka182 wrote:
    There is no difference. Two different companies providing the same service. I would reccomend if you can, to stick with one unless you have a problem. Less confusion with test centers Ids, etc....

This is good advice. I used to test at Prometric, but then moved and only a VUE test center is in my general area.

Needless to say, it was a real pain in the rear to get my MCP ID credentials transferred over to VUE.
  • Options
    evanderburgevanderburg Member Posts: 229 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I have used Vue for almost every test except for Oracle and I like them but I only go to the same place because it is convenient and they know me there. I know people who use Vue and other who use Prometric and they are all happy.
    "You can never know everything and part of what you know is always wrong. Perhaps even the most important part. A portion of wisdom lies in knowing that. A portion of courage lies in going on anyway. " - Lan, Winter's Heart by Robert Jordan
  • Options
    rowelldrowelld Member Posts: 176
    well thats good to know. One of the test centers here in san diego only uses vue but they arent going to provide testing anymore. I hope the other close location uses vue as well
    Visit my blog: http://www.packet6.com - I'm on the CWNE journey!